Freedom unrest

"Albedo..?"

The man opened his eyes and looked about, it was dark and likely still night time. He moved to lay back on his side and was greeted by a girl with a worried expression, "I think you were having a nightmare.."

a sigh left him, he embraced her abruptly, making her squeak "I was, i'm glad it's over.." she laughed. "Normally when you sleep you look peaceful and relaxed but a few minutes ago your face was angry or maybe sad? i couldn't tell"

she sat up, "I feel better now, those weird memories from before aren't hurting my head anymore.." The moons silver beam of light pierced the window and illuminated the room a minor amount.

He remained silent, messing with his own hair "I wonder if there's a way to extract that corruption from you're blood stream.." he mumbled into his palm. "I don't think that's possible, but if your sure something will work I'll give it a shot"

he nodded, "If i may ask.." he began, trying to swallow the lump in his throat or trying to get the knot in his gut to go away. She faced him, her silhouette slightly illuminated by the moons silver light from behind.

"You're feelings towards me, I am curious on how exactly you see me. You call me a friend then allow me to share a bed with you."

"And you act cold and calm but have warm and comforting hugs" she retorted, a small grin plastered on her face though it was not clearly visible. She stepped closer to the window, grazing her fingers against the glass.

He had no response, simply watching her figure in the moonlight. Any alarm or negative feeling from his odd dream had subsided for now, then she opened to window and felt temped to walk on the roof to watch the stars but, the light pollution was to strong so the stars would not be visible.

"Hey, can we got to the mountains and stargaze?" his tired blue gaze averted to the side, "It's late, mountain climbing now is not only dangerous but surely it would be morning by the time we reach a mountain peak."

She looked to him and shook her head, climbing out the window and stepping onto the roof, never has he moved so quick to grab her hand to ensure she did not fall. "Who said we have to climb? Besides i don't think i've gotten to go flying for a good five hundred years.."

He wore a perplexed expression, his lips slightly parted in confusion "What are you going on about?" He asked. She laughed quietly, "Albedo have you ever gotten to fly? other then gliding i mean" he shook his head with a worried gaze.

"Hm, would you like me to take you flying?" he was tired, his sleep was not peaceful like usual therefor he was more exhausted then usual. He wanted sleep, not to stargaze, "perhaps another time, at starsnatch cliff"

She chuckled and shook her head, "Then i'll go on my own, i can't always be accompanied by a man can i?" his brows furrowed "I'll be fine, don't worry ok?"

He didn't want to be clingy, but he wanted her to be safe, he couldn't assure himself without her in his sight. He had no doubt that she could protect herself but she was reckless at times; she was kidnapped by fatui and there's nothing but the sort in this city.

"But-" he fell silent as contorted shapes slightly emerged from the girls back, they neatly tore through the clothing she wore and stretched. he stepped back, observing the glittering specimen before him.

The wings were an inky black void with stars shimmering at the edge, but they weren't natural stars. More like shimmering crystals when a warm light touches them in a cave, her aura was not scary or paralyzing.

She was awe inspiring, breathtaking, glowing under the moon; How else could he describe something so beautiful? "I-" and only moments later had she taken flight into the starry night, he lost sight of her silhouette rather quickly.

he smiled, the image of her sticking in his head like a painless thorn.

======

Meanwhile, you glided in the sky, breathing in the thin air that was fresh. "Starry nights are beautiful" she murmured to herself, pulling her wings closer to her body and carefully landing on a mountain just outside Yujing terrace.

"They are, somewhat calming. makes me not want to reek havoc on such a peaceful world.."

She sat down, and stared at the bright string of stars "Do you think they still call that silverpelt?(if y'know y'know) her shadow slightly morphed but returned to normal. "I think they call it the milkyway now"

Peaceful moments like these when she could just sit and talk to herself were serene and oddly relaxing, "But it was such a pretty name.." this seemingly one sided conversation seemed odd to anyone observing her from outside her own head but did she care? Not an ounce.

"Hm, i see you're still such an elegant flyer" A low voice showing up so abruptly made her jump, "Geez Morax.." she wrapped herself up in her wings and peeked out at the man, glaring at his slim figure.

"What brings you out on such a calm night? Couldn't sleep?" she shook her head "No, not me at least. Albedo had a nightmare and his movement woke me up, then i wanted to go stargazing but he was too tired to come along. and not to mention i haven't gone flying since.."

she scratched her head and furrowed her brows "Memory is still foggy i see" she nodded, hugging her knees closer as her wings brought warmth. "I feel sad and i don't know why, i can remember stargazing but it feels so lonely without, Durin was his name?"

Zhongli took a seat besides the distraught god "Durin was one of you're finest creations indeed.." he sat down besides her. "I can remember him being mad all the time but reserved, he only ever talked to me. he was prideful, wanted treasure but wasn't greedy enough to take from people he protected"

He examined her sad gaze and pat her head, "As i said he was a fine creation, did you ask Albedo what his nightmare was about?" she shrugged "No, but it's safe to assume i was in it and something bad happened." the stars shimmered and twinkled, her eyes reflecting them.

"He cares for you, quite a lot from what i can tell" she nodded, "It scares me..what if he's like Jauda?" the geo lord's eyes softened. "Perhaps you should introduce me to him tomorrow" she smiled, "You remind me of my dad, you know that? so caring and a little protective"

"Hm" that faint hum was his faint response, "You should go home, you are poorly dressed for the chilly nights in Liyue" she laughed "You're right, someone will get lonely without me. And i am a little sleepy" 

"You'll be fine on you're own, i presume?" he stood up, his heavy and tall body not as limber as it used to be. He offered his hand and she took it, "Mhm, it's a short flight to the cities outskirts" he nodded "I'll see you tomorrow" he bowed slightly and turned around to walk back to the bridge into Liyue.

And the goddess outstretched her wings before taking flight back to the Inn.

Upon arrival her wings shrunk into her back just the same as they grew out, leaving her torn clothing to be the only proof that they were there. 

"I thought it was a dream.." he sighed.

"My dear, you're looking at a dream"

You are haunted by memories

⨇⨉⨈That linger like a softly uttered curse

===

fun fact: i was planning to reveal the reader's wings a lot earlier and i planned them to look like a perfect sunrise sky.

also, Mugen train sad but badass.

I miss a certain character so if you watched the movie you'll get what i mean.

and did anyone catch my warrior cats reference?