May freedom reign

The event that occurred a day ago, has lead to this, You and Albedo heading into the city of Mondstadt both for your needs and his. the city was ever so lively and large, its people living their daily lives as usual, "woahh.."

 He glanced down at your expression and sighed, the child-like curiosity reminded him of a certain blonde kid obsessed with her bombs. "i have my own important things to do, so, I'm leaving you in the care of a friend for the day"

as if on cue, a woman with neat blonde hair up in a single ponytail came to greet you both, "good morning, i am Jean. the acting grand master of the knights of Favonius" she greeted with a sweet smile with her hand outstretched. "the what now?"

she laughed, "i didn't expect you to understand me, but simply for now, call me Jean" she diminished her titles and glanced at Albedo, "she'll be in good care for today, good luck with your research" Jean spoke with respect for the chief alchemist, however he responded with a nod.

"I'm grateful, and Y/n, you can hit the pirate" Jean suppressed a chuckle, and Albedo turned and walked off leaving you extremely confused. "wha?" she shook her head and crossed her arms, "alright, to start off, we'll have to get you some necessities.."

you scratched your head as you were completely confused, "let me explain, i, personally wont be able to accompany you all day as i am fairly busy. another one of the knights will be helping me out, for now we'll eat, and I'll give you a tour around Mondstadt"

you finally got a grasp on the situation and nodded, it sounded like it was going to be a fairly peaceful and calm day for you.

--------

Good hunter most definitely had yummy food that outmatched Albedo's vegetable soup, Jean was a very kind woman who thought of others before herself. although that's always a good quality it sometimes lead to over exertion and bodily exhaustion.

Over the course of the meal you had a friendly conversation with her about why she does what she does, she mentioned a woman named Vanessa who was a hero in Mondstadt that founded the Knights of Favonius.

"she sounds very..heroic" you said softly, a warm smile on your face "It's my dream to become just like her, i want to protect the people of this city even if it costs my life." Jean's determination gave you admiration.

"well, i didn't think this would take as long as it did so lets begin our tour, shall we?" she stood up and you did the same. "so, Sucrose mentioned to me about how she found you on the mountain" your eyes rested on the tall blonde woman who walked with a quiet expression.

"i can't blame Albedo for wanting to keep your around, its odd for a person to survive such cold temperatures on Dragonspine. especially being buried under the snow."

you nervously chuckled, "ah..well, i couldn't tell you how i survived myself" she smiled, "I'd say its a commendable feat even if its unknown how you lived"

Jean paused infront of a building that looked fairly bustling with people, the blue roof made it stand out from the rest of the home's in the city so you could safely assume it wasn't someone's house. "this is Angels share, a popular tavern here in Mondstadt. its owner, Diluc Ragnvindr, once was a Knight of Favonius" You strolled up to the entrance and peeked at the posters on the board. "missing person?" you examined the poster thoroughly  then shrugged, "ah, a traveler came through here looking for her Brother, there's no need to worry"

You glanced at her and gently pushed the door open, Jean followed you but didn't go inside the tavern. "woah.." the place was very warmly lit and the seats were mostly taken besides the barstools, and in one of those seats was a boy dressed in green who appeared to be to young to drink from your standards. the man behind the bar looked irritated with a mixed of surprise, "how can you drink so much?" he asked, annoyed.

"don't speak to me in such a tone, I'm your elder. eh-he" the boy responded with a smug tone, he rolled his eyes and turned his attention to you. "are you another child looking Drunkard?" you hopped up onto the barstool beside the boy and smiled, "well..no?" the boy in green made a choking sound as he slammed his fist onto his chest. "What's wrong, Venti?" the man with fiery red hair glanced over at the boy, wearing a smirk.

"what's wrong grandpa, you don't look so well?" the boy named Venti glared at the bartender, "well anyway, who're you?" the blazing crimson gaze he held made you shrink away. Sensing your discomfort, he eased up a little "Y/n, that's my known name" he raised a brow. "Known name?" you scratched your head and nodded.

"well ya see.." then Venti butted into the conversation, "Master Diluc, as a gentleman, isn't it rude to not introduce yourself before asking so many things of a lady?" the man now known as Diluc looked even more annoyed by Venti's very existence before he focused once more on you. "I'm Diluc, owner of this tavern, there." he leaned against the counter behind him and once again put on a questioning look.

"now continue" he ordered in his rather intimidating tone, "oh, uhm, well i have amnesia so i cant remember my name. and i needed to be called something..so..call me Y/n" Diluc  rubbed his chin. "i haven't seen you in Mondstadt at all so you must be new around here, where exactly were you found?" 

once again, Venti butted into the conversation but seemed more rushed, "Say Y/n, care to come to the statue infront of the cathedral with me?" he didn't wait for your answer but instead pulled you off the barstool and ran out the door. "hey! you-!" the tavern door slammed and Venti continued running, "Venti? what are you doing?" Jean yelled.

"Just going to chat! no worries!" Jean looked as though she wanted to follow but didn't since her busy life always had hold of what she did.

"H-hey! what are you doing?!" his hand sliced the space infront of him and a sudden burst of wind carried you both up the wall and landed gracefully on the platform above. "ok, first of all, what the heck?! and second, who the heck?!" Venti giggled and then fixed his hat.

"i just need to clarify something first" Venti hummed, "you have no knowledge of your true identity, correct?" you shook your head. "then I'll be happy to remind you, I'm Barbatos, one of the seven archons of Teyvat" he said with a proud bow. "there are seven archons in this world, or seven gods, we rule over our own cities and govern laws. except i don't rule over Mondstadt, as it's a city of wind and song as well as freedom"

quietly you listened, a little surprised such a child-like boy could be such a thing, something divine. "and you, Y/n. Your are the-" he stopped. "actually..for now, I'll tell you that your a god like me for now, since I'm sure the Alchemist guy can figure it out" he smiled. "was..was i your friend?" Venti looked back at you with minor surprise, "hmm..you could say that!" he hopped up and stood on the stone pillars.

"Hey be careful!" he smiled at you "you'd always get mad at me for pulling stunts like this!" he fell forward off the pillar and you leaned over the rail to watch him fall yet he didn't do as you expected. Just like earlier he summoned a gust of wind and with that he fell gracefully and slowly with a smug expression as he looked up at you.

"now i know why Diluc gets so annoyed.." he motioned for you to jump down and it brought back the memory from just a day ago of taking a 'leap of faith' off that rock. but it seemed a little more safe with a god to break your fall so you held your breath and jumped, the powerful wind current easing your fall. it was, kinda fun.

however, more then one person worried for your safety, so they went to the statue and scolded the divine bard while you snuck off to find Jean.