Healing melodies

As Albedo's odd questions continued without any explanations, your ears softly perked at Klee's soft and quiet coughs and sniffles. Albedo seemed too enveloped in his curiosity to take notice of those around him "if it's not corrupted energy, then what could it be?"

You turned away from him, his gaze following you with a raised brow "Klee, you ok?" she glanced up at you from her papers with doodles scattered over them. "I'm fine!" she insisted with a smile, then lifted her arm to rub her nose then sniffling again.

"yeah, Klee are you feeling well?" Albedo removed his glove then gently pushed the back of his palm against her forehead. "she feels a little hot, perhaps a low fever.." he looked to you with a small frown, "I'm afraid when the potion started to vaporize instead of solidify, it got in her lungs..she'll only get worse from here on out.."

He let out a hefty sigh, "It's a shame, I'd love to stay here and investigate why this potion is reacting in such a peculiar way.." you pat the small girls head. "I can take care of her!" upon hearing your enthusiasm to care for a sickly child, he shook his head an responded with a cold "of course not"

he didn't mean to sound aggressive nor did he mean to sound as cold as his voice portrayed him to be..yet that was always normal with him. "ah, i didn't mean to sound rude, simply put i don't think you know how to take care of someone sick just yet" he placed a hand on your shoulder while you two shared a glance.

"ah ok, your probably right" Klee coughed again, your attention fixating on her. Like a mother worried about a child who wasn't her own, you resembled his teacher with the way you were looking over Klee, feeling her forehead, trying to comfort her.

though, through your attempts at making her feel any better she only seemed to get worse. To the point Albedo stepped in, picking the small girl up and patting her head. "We'll go see Barbara." he instructed, "she's a healer, right?" he briefly nodded.

"She heals through song with a hydro vision, i would have taken you to her when you were sick but i don't think mortal healing magic will work on a god" Klee fell asleep rather quickly once Albedo picked her up. "Really?" a brief nod was his answer.

"can i come along?" you asked, holding the door open for him. "I did say we, right?" after awkwardly chuckling, you followed him to the cathedral while keeping a close eye on Klee.

=============

"Y/n? it's been a while! what brings you- oh is Klee sick?!"

Albedo carefully handed Klee off to Barbara, she held her close and felt her forehead "what happened, she's burning up!" Klee mumbled something from what you could hear it was a weak, 'I'm ok..'

Barbara sighed, "Albedo, don't worry I'll take care of her..Y/n want to see my healing process?" she offered, rubbing Klee's head. "sure! what about you, Albedo?" he shook his head slowly "i trust Klee will be fine under your care, I'll investigate that potion.."

he shared a quick, slightly cold glance with one of the fatui who stood all alone leaning against a pillar. he shifted a little under his cold glare and took a deep breath after he left, "It's like being stared down by a terrifying beast.." he mumbled to himself, "his was much worse then any of the sisters.."

meanwhile, Barbara lead you to a room down a spiral staircase- mentioning how this lower level is where the cathedrals 'hospital' is when it was just a storage room for the holy lyre with multiple guards patrolling the general area.

"i usually come down here to heal people with actual injuries and sickness' since i don't want to bother the other sisters on the first floor.." she sat Klee down on the bed and kneeled to match her height. Barbara's voice rang throughout the small room, soft and sweet like a sweet flower.

a small circle of water surrounded her and formed music notes and lines as Klee's pale face regained color. she sat up and rubbed her eyes, "feeling better sweetie?" she giggled and nodded. "I feel sleepy though..wheres Albedo and Y/n?"

Barbara stood up and stepped aside, "Albedo's still at the lab, but he carried you here" Klee stood up- wobbled a little- then thanked Barbara. "aw come on, you should rest a little bit.." she encouraged "but i wanna see my brother.."

"we can go home and wait for him there, sound good?" Barbara frowned "alright, get better 'kay little spark knight?" Barbara grabbed your hand and winked subtly. "y'know, i think that Chief alchemist needs a little TLC"

Klee grabbed your free hand and looked at Barbara a little confused, "what does that mean?" Barbara chuckled awkwardly, "nevermind, i realize you don't remember what that means..hehe sorry"

she let your hand go and watched as Klee and you left the room, "Eclipse.." Klee looked up with question in her eyes "what's Eclipse?" she asked softly with her raspy voice. "i- I don't know.." you rubbed your head, it was throbbing softly, almost as if working hard for nothing.

"Eclipse..Eclipse what is Eclipse?" the faint images of a large room filled the empty throbbing mind of yours. What exactly was this place however? some kind of mansion, perhaps a palace?

and if Eclipse wasn't a place, then who was it?

"your friends, don't you remember your friends? those who lead your kingdom without you? the kingdom that was built up from your magic, and lived by the human hand?" said the aggressive sounding voice.

"All that matters is she remembers who she is, not those who led the kingdom. what teeters life and death right now is her memory, Mondstadt needs her before the abyss.." whimpered the soft speaking girl.

"Of all the words that made it through it had to be Eclipse, wonderful, your such an idiot y'know that Jauda?"

"why don't we just send her to question that one drunkard god, Barbatos was his name right?"

"Who's Jauda?"

He broke the wrong parts of me

he broke my wings, forgetting i had claws.

===

i'm a Childe haver now, i cried.