stroll through the rainy night

The evening didn't grow any more clear, the sky simply stayed it's dull, bleak, gray color. as Y/n opened the door to Albedo's home, a soft shower of water poured down from the sky. Leaving the poor girl disappointed for reasons she could not place.

"I wonder if he's still resting.." she quietly stepped up the wooden stairs and knocked on the first door in the small corridor. The faint sound of a responding hum was all that was heard as a 'come in' and so she did that.

"It's raining..do you still want to go on a walk?" he rolled to face you, hair loose and basically down, "Do you?" was his simple little response. she sighed, a pensive expression forming on her face, "well it's not raining hard, do you have umbrellas?"

His soft hum answered your question, "but you still look really tired, y'know we don't have too" he sat up and rubbed his head. "Hm, no, i told you I'd take you around the city and i don't intend to break that promise"

"don't neglect your health, there's always a tomorrow" he sighed, "I have umbrellas, if it's not raining very hard, i would still like to go on a stroll with you" he got out of bed and stretched. "ok!" she left the quiet room, allowing the alchemist to get ready and out of his sleepy state.

Y/n tilted her head, staring outside the window as raindrops fell down the glass, "Its going to be chilly, won't you wear a jacket?" he stepped down the stairs and wondered over to her, his hair neat and tidy mostly the complete opposite of his sleepy bed head.

"It wont be that cold, i was out there earlier" a small look of disbelief appeared on his face, "Your sure to get cold, last thing i want to happen is to trigger something bad" he crossed his arms. "Well the only jacket i have is the one i wore in Dragonspine.."

She wondered to the stairs and headed up only to come back down with her pretty white coat, "Hm, better safe then sorry is the saying" she nodded, putting on the comfy white jacket.

and so he opened the door for her and she stepped out with her umbrella over her head, the soft pitter patter of the rain drops falling hard onto the umbrella. But he was right when he mentioned how chilly it would get.

"It's chilly..but it smells so nice!"

(Anyone just go and sit in the rain just to smell the clean air? i do)

the smell was all the more refreshing, "I told you" he walked ahead and she followed, starting to match his pace to walk along side him. "I still don't know why we're going for a walk, did you want to talk about something?"

"No, simply wanted to go for a walk with you, though i did not predict the weather to be so glum" He stuffed his free hand into his pocket, while she splashed in the puddles that had formed.

"Why? usually I have to ask, like when we went to starsnatch cliff or if i could watch you draw" he shrugged, "that may be so, but now that i know what you are, i do not fear getting close to you" Y/n looked at him, her brows furrowed and her head tilted.

"Well i don't know why you'd be scared to get close to me but, I'm happy your over it"

after she spoke, silence filled the air, Albedo seemed unbothered by it and seemed to enjoy the sound of the rain splashing against the ground. the silence wasn't awkward but it just felt stiff, Like nothing was progressing at all.

"Albedo" Y/n started, her voice soft and smooth, "I really am sorry, if i didn't wonder off neither of us would be recovering..and i could be in the cold like nothing happened" he faced her, pretty greenish blue eyes contrasting the bleak gray sky.

He nodded, "no need to apologize, keeping you cooped up in a house was bound to make you restless, i was a fool to think i could keep you of all people in a single safe place" she frowned. "Well..i like to wonder around with all my energy, but i don't want to worry everyone"

she stood tall compared to a bouquet of pretty blue flowers that were wet from the down pour, "I would bring you to my lab at headquarters but i fear you'd get bored too easily" Y/n picked one of the flowers and stared at it for a moment.

"You look pensive" He hummed softly, "I remember another conversation, but i don't know who i was talking too, it sounded like a huge animal from the heavy breathing that could hear" he picked a flower from the same bouquet, holding it in his hand before it begun to glow.

"what are you doing?" a moment later did the flower become a small bird, basically a small pigeon. "how did you..-" as the small bird fluttered off, he side glanced at Y/n, "You are familiar with it, aren't you?"

She scratched her head, "Familiar with it? maybe, but i don't know.." the rain continued to pitter and patter on the ground and umbrella "let me see your hand, if i may" she drew her hand from it's side and held her palm up. to which he placed another delicate flower in.

he closed her palm, "Squeeze lightly, and focus" she seemingly did as he said, opening her palm to find a crumpled flower. "I can remember how to fight, but not how to function normally i guess.." he did not look at all surprise or rather seemed a little relieved.

she tossed the crumpled leaf aside and smiled, "thanks for trying though!" it brought a soft smile to the alchemists face, seeing her optimism. "my pleasure.." her head cocked to the side as his soft smiling stare remained unwavering.

"Did i get something on my face?" he shook his head then coughed, "no, i apologize for staring" she watched his gaze fall to her left, "you look away from me all the time after staring!" she pouted. another soft smile emerging on the mans face.

"hmm, sorry, though it is getting late. perhaps we should head home before it gets too cold?" she peeked out from under her umbrella's shelter as the cloudy sky grew all the more dark. "Alright, let's go!" she ran ahead, splashing in the puddles.

she turned around and shared a bright gaze with the amused alchemist, she was a mess of gorgeous chaos, and it all laid unfettered inside her eyes. she was, as people would say, an angel among men.

=================

i'm not dead i swear.

sorta.

anyways, since i haven't updated in a while since i'm lacking motivation, i want you guys to give me an idea for a special chapter, basically make a request or something and it'll become a special chapter(aka a tysm chapter) anyways, thank you for baring with my little story and its confusing chaos <3