Bitter taste

In the cathedral, you laid motionless.

The sister's thought you were a lost cause, that Barbara should let celestia have you.

But the blond nun wasn't about to let a life slip through her hands, let alone yours, you were far to important to far too many people.

But unbeknownst to those who watched you from the conscious world, you laid not only on the comfortable bed provided but in your conscious world, the snow was your blanket.

Your eyes opened slowly, blinded by the gray sky; you asked yourself where you were Only to be greeted by a familiar figure leaning over you with a grin on her face. "Been a while, since we've spoken face to face like this..approximately 3,000 years yes?" the counterpart offered you a hand but you felt far to weak to even sit up.

"That curse the abyss put on you is sucking away all your energy, if you stop resisting, it all goes away y'know?" she tilted her head with a frown. "I don't want you to die you know, that means I'll die and.." she tapped her chin "I quite like that Albedo guy, very soft and very sweet.." you groaned "what do you want..?" you meekly murmured.

"Oh i want nothing, you need my help though" you scowled "And just what can you do? You'll destroy the whole of Teyvat.." she shook her head "I, Eris, pledge on the soul that lives inside you, will not stab you in the back..this time" you coughed. "I can't trust you.." she shook her head, "But i actually have a plan, you see, the cure that gentleman said would work? It won't, that plant has changed so much over five hundred years that it no longer has the properties to make such a cure"

Your chest tightened, "But, luckily the only person that can fix this is just the person i want to bring to his knees.." you scowled. "What's your problem with Aether..?" you inquired "I sniffed out his plan the moment he attacked you and Barbatos, He wants you to lose your mind so you have to surrender yourself to me, and then he wants to control me. And if i don't listen he'll try to do the same thing to me"

You tried to sit up, "If you're lying to me.." Eris shook her head "My my, ever so hasty ay? I'll tell you what, let's make a deal" she helped you sit up and crouched down to meet your height. "If you allow me control for..let's say a day, I'll have that bastard begging for me to spare him. I'll blow up the whole mountain if i must".

You shook your head, "If i give you control for a day, you cannot i repeat, cannot harm any of those i consider friends, the only enemies you'll have are the people i consider enemies. You will take commands from friends, not foe, you will not kill anyone without considering the repercussions of it.."

"Deal" you looked at the counter part, "I crave chaos but i hate being below someone" you scowled "But-" Eris shook her head. "I'm not below you, I'm simply your equal." you gently shook the other you's hand, her smile seemed more genuine then usual.

"I am no liar, not this time"

*(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*ଘ

Now, all you had to do was wait for your mind to succumb to this curse, or for Dain to show up with a ineffective cure. But someone you didn't expect to see showed up at the cathedral with nothing but worry on his face, "Y/n!" he bursted into the room and looked so horrified to see what was before him.

"Venti.." you coughed out, barely able to muster the voice to speak while he himself looked so petrified that he could barely move. "How..did you know i was here..?" he wore a bitter smile "You promised to stop by in the morning..you rarely break promises so i went to investigate, when no one answered i asked around and people said they saw Grand Master Jean carrying you to the cathedral"

You blinked, trying to wetten your eyes so you didn't fall asleep again "Haha..sorry..hey Venti?" the bard sat at your bed side with watering eyes. "I made a deal with Eris..i want you to make sure she.." you turned your head and coughed "She doesn't..do something rash.." Venti scowled but nodded his head.

"I'm sure you covered all bases" he smiled, gently he clasped his hands around your shaking ones. "Eris.." you mumbled quietly, the voice responding in your head "Yes ma'am?" Venti watched quietly as you mumbled to yourself, "Yeah yeah i know" Venti tilted his head. "I told her that her orders will come from you, and Albedo".

Venti looked surprised "You trust me with that much power?" he inquired with worry in his voice "why wouldn't i..? We've been friends since the archon war, ever since you took on this form and since then i've never made a mistake with trusting you" after speaking so much you grew short of breath, violently coughing to the side, to avoid coughing on Venti..who was starting to cry.

"Please..please don't cry, I'll be fine" the archon swiped away his tears and smiled, "I know..because i won't let anything go wrong..i can't lose you too.." you smiled. "It'll be fine Venti.." he glanced at your arm as the inky void began to mutate, it creeped further up your neck and traveled across your eye and nearly touched your hairline.

"I'll talk to you after this whole ordeal is over.." you mumbled to the anemo archon, weakly raising your hand to rest atop his head. Venti watched unable to help as you painfully lost your sentience, as Eris took control of your body your eyes noticeably changed colors. A dark pink color with pupils like that of a cat.

"oh? Are you crying for her?"

"Hm..Don't cry, i don't plan to betray her this time..i won't let that bastard have his way"

Thank you for loving me
When i still tasted of heartache and war

i apologize for not updating much, school is just something else (;'д`)ゞ hope you enjoyed~

Also, i changed Omisha to Eris ;)