Before

It's a been a week or so since the..y'know

Since then Albedo has been hyper focused on work while you went out with Klee whenever you could, but on occasion you would go alone and today was one of those occasions. You remembered how to fight and how to flee and luckily for you the voted best bard in Mondstadt was here to join you.

Venti strummed his lyre a bit while you walked alongside him, a gentle breeze swaying his braids. "I've wanted to ask you something for a while now but you've been busy, Venti do you know what put me to sleep for five hundred years..?" the bards hand stopped strumming the lyre strings. His gaze falling onto you and your curious expression, "I guess i've been avoiding that question for a while..it'd break your heart if i told you"

Venti stared at the ground, his smile left his face and his cheerful and bubbly personality dissipating, he was no longer Venti when he was like this; but the wiser anemo archon. "I know it has something to do with Durin, Cloud retainer told me so" Barbatos let a smile creep onto his face, "She wasn't wrong, you defended Mondstadt better then i ever could when that event took place"

"And what exactly is that event?" you expected him to begin strumming his lyre to tell you in the form of a story, but instead his words remained cryptic and difficult to understand. "Death visited the cathedral, is black cloak casting a shadow over the whole of Mondstadt. A battle was fought and won but the cost was what appeared to be a life, a girl laid to rest beside her friend, a girl.."

You tilted your head a bit to the side, "Hah? Why must you be so cryptic?" The archon laughed "You should see your face! Look at how confused you are..!" Venti returned to normal a cheeky smile and bubbly attitude once more returning. "You'll understand eventually, after all you've always been a bit faster at understanding things"

Venti hummed while you walked side by side, your wracking your brain while he acted more nonchalant then ever. "Tell me what happened, and I'll buy you wine" He instantly perked up, his aqua eyes bright and wide, "How dare you tempt me with wine.." the green bard scowled and turned his head.

"Maybe i can even convince Diluc too give you some for free~" Venti squeezed his eyes shut like a child trying to ignore a sweet treat. "I will not tell you! You're so happy with life now that it would just ruin everything" your shoulders sagged a bit since he was just not budging "Fine, if you're so hell bent on keeping it a secret then I'll find out somehow"

======

a few hours later...

"Albedo!" Jean yelled, barging into his lab completely unannounced "Jean? What is it?" the blond acting grand master had worry in her eyes and slight panic, "It's..it's Y/n and Venti, a few knights on patrol returned carrying them. They've been injured badly" The vial in Albedo's hand fell to the floor and shattered, though it was empty.

It was like his heart just sank into his stomach and his throat became dryer the Sumeru, "Where is she?" Jean urged the alchemist to relax a bit. "They are at the cathedral, Barbara is healing them.." Albedo tried his best to calm his nerves but it was getting increasingly difficult, "Barbara's healing won't work on Y/n or Venti, they're gods, a specific place dear to their hearts would be the place that helps them recover"

Jean nodded, "I've dispatched Amber to get Venti to Windrise but the problem is we don't know where or what can exactly heal Y/n.." Jean thought for a moment whilst Albedo could hardly stand still. "Let's think about it on the way ok? I need to go" before Jean could stop him he was already down the hall running to the cathedral, so she made haste and followed.

A few different thoughts ran through his head at the time, who injured you and why? What motive to they have to attack someone who appears so defenseless and Venti too, What was so strong that neither of you could win against it? Unless it got the jump on you, caught you off guard and mercilessly attacked you? But who would do this? Surely not some treasure hoarders, the fatui wouldn't attack like this..and that only left one more thing.

The door to the room you were in was left slightly cracked since Barbara was still trying her best despite knowing of your divinity. "I-i can't do anything..im so sorry" you laid on the bed your head slightly turned to the side with your eyes closed, but what was odd was of all the wounds on your body the one that Barbara could not heal was an inky void shimmering on your skin.

It was obviously causing you pain since you continued to toss and turn in your slumber, "She is going to be in serious trouble if we don't find out what can heal her" Barbara clasped her hands together in a praying position, tears building up in her eyes. "Albedo, you know her best correct?" he nodded though he was a bit more focused on you then what Jean was saying.

"I know a place that might possibly be it..but it's in Dragonspine and if something happens i will likely need back up" Jean nodded, "I'll request Kaeya and Diluc to take some knights out there, if he won't then i will" Albedo rubbed your hand gently. "Please be careful," Barbara urged "I couldn't fully heal her wounds so they are bandaged and will bleed if they come undone.."

The alchemist carefully picked you up, sad eyes staring at your face and as he began to leave the cathedral, he uttered one sentence.

"Don't go yet please..i need you.."