The peaceful Qulin

"do you hear that?" Albedo focused his hearing, in the distance the sound of a bow firing rapid arrows and what sounded like something clashing with the earth could be heard.

"I believe so, would you like to go ahead. As usual?" he commented, accidentally sounding sarcastic. "Sure, I'm sure she'd recognize me more anyway" she peeked out from behind the boulder and instantly remembered the exact appearance of the old Qulin.

She was aiming at things and firing rapidly, someone all too familiar off to the side who quickly took notice of you're presence and called for Ganyu to stop. She looked puzzled but lowered her bow and watched the familiar adepti walk over to you ever so casually.

She didn't look to remember her instantly but indeed looked confused as why she recognized the girl. "I wouldn't expect to see you here, are you alone?" Xiao asked, his arms crossed and less aggression in his tone.

"I'm not alone no" she pointed behind her with her thumb as Albedo wandered closer after leaving his little hiding place. "Who is this?" Ganyu chimed in, making the woman before her frown "You don't remember me?..that's fair" 

Ganyu shook her head frantically, "No no no! I'm sorry, i do recognize you but.." she looked down with shame on her face. Then, like lightning, she raised her head and looked to nearly cry. Y/n tilted her head, puzzled by the sudden attitude change.

"Oh my gods" the cocogoat adepti lunged like a hungry creature and nearly squeezed the life from her. "We thought you died!" she cried, gripping the girls shoulder with her yellowish purple eyes burdened by tears.

"really?" Xiao and Albedo shared a glance before a soft sigh escaped both their mouths, "Yes! You've been gone for over 500 years! After a big fight even!" she held the goddess' hands with happy tears slowly falling from her eyes.

"A big fight? what happened?" she tilted her head, "You don't remember?" and just before Ganyu could explain, Xiao choose to intervene. "go back to training" the sour adepti ordered, making the half adepti jump.

"alright.." she waved to the goddess as her bow appeared in her dominant hand, Off she went the sound of bow strings and arrows slicing the air and the icy bloom fighting the earth.

"we came all this way to see her, it would be a waste if-"

"You're here not to see just her if i am to assume correctly, She knew the other adepti well" Xiao's tone was bitter and his posture was tense, not even trying to hide the fact that he had distaste for this alchemist.

"Ah yes" the girl in question watched her old friend train, and looked over her shoulder as Albedo placed a hand on it. It angered the adepti but he kept his cool around the ever so calm alchemist.

"What is it?" she put her hand over the one on her shoulder and turned to face him fully, "If she's busy now then we'll make an attempt at catching her later. Let's go visit the other adepti" she frowned "but i want to know what happened to make me sleep for apparently five hundred years.."

His gaze softened, "It's something you can ask Venti about when we return to Mondstadt" she nodded, looking over to Xiao and smiling. He quickly crippled under the bright smile, his gaze averting the opposite way, this, unexpectedly birthed a brand new emotion in the alchemist.

well, not brand new but defiantly not familiar..

"If i remember right, Mountain shaper is on Mt. Hula and Moon carver is on the peak..and cloud retainer.." Her mind drew a blank, having no strong memories of the white and blue bird adepti. Or none that wanted to shine through at this moment in time.

"Cloud retainer secludes herself on Mt. Aocang, i suggest you bring food offerings if you want her to spare you a single glance" Xiao waved to Y/n as he went back to training Ganyu. "Thanks! We'll See you at Wangshu Inn!"

She frantically waved to her old friend with a large smile, "Come on, hopefully this Cloud retainer can provide shelter for tonight" she looked up at the sky, it was late in the afternoon. The sun was about to pass over a cliff and bring shadows to the valley, all sorts of critters came out at night.

"let's hope so.."

==========

"Cloud retainer!? Are you here!"

the wind carried her voice on the breeze, echoing on the mountain side "Over there" Albedo said calmly pointing out a solid entity glowing gold that looked similar to an Adeptus art. "Think she's in-" a loud screech sliced the air, They both covered their ears and looked around frantically.

"You dare to trespass on sacred grounds on immortal beings?! You fools!" The screech lessened to the point it was bearable, Albedo readied his weapon as she went to investigate. In the middle of a small pond was an island of sorts with a table on it, a tree as well.

"I don't know if you remember me but i'm not exactly a mortal!" the glowing solid entity that they presumed was a wall disappeared and a feathered Crain walked out. "The only person one see's you as has passed in a great battle, you spread lies with a foul tongue and it will not go unpunished!"

"I'm not lying!" Preparing for a fight was a valid option, both readied in a defensive position "She died saving a city she loved by killing a creature she treasured! I won't allow a pathetic mortal to speak ill on her grave!"

Fury drenched the adepti's words, another screech leaving her mouth before disappearing in a shroud of white fog. "Albedo!" Y/n called, receiving a quick answer, this adepti harnessed the clouds, forcing her opponents in turmoil once they lost their sight.

"Surely you don't believe you can win a fight against an adepti like I"

I hold a beast
an angel
and a madman in me
×