Chapter 10

Chaeyoung

When we finished setting up the tent, other club members went to cook some food while the other members are preparing for the bonfire. 

Mina is with the cooking team and I'm just here helping the members who are in need. 

Tzuyu texted me a while ago to tell me that I shouldn't exhaust myself. She never forgets to remind me everytime we're away from each other. 

"Talk?" 

I looked at the one behind me. It was Somi. 

"Yo." 

I greeted and followed her. It's so nice here. 

"What the fuck are you trying to do, Chaeyoung?!" 

Somi bursted out when we're already far from the other members. I sighed. 

"Are you just going to stare at me like that? You promised me!" 

She added and hit my arm. Gosh. 

"Chaeyoung, talk. I need an explanation. Talk or else I'm done with this fucked up shit." 

Somi was in rage and I can see it in her eyes. This is very rare. 

"Mina came to me first. She talked to me first. You know, I can't ignore that." 

I paused and looked away. 

"Besides, she doesn't even remember me." 

I added and took a deep breath. Somi closed her eyes. 

"You successfully ignored her for two years and a few months. You can do it again. 

Stop. Stop while it's not yet too late."

Somi said. She's calm now and I can see her eyes glistened. 

"I don't think I can ignore Mina.. She was asleep for almost two years and she didn't remember me for a few months but right no--" 

I stopped when Somi pushed me. 

"Then, I'll stop doing you favors."

She said and was about to walk away when I held her hand, I pulled her into a hug. 

A tight one. 

"Please. Mina is happy receiving those. Please."

I whispered. 

"She was happy because she thought all of those are from Jeongyeon, her girlfriend. 

You're making her hope for something impossible. 

We both know that I'm just by Mina's side because you asked me to. 

Jeongyeon is only at Mina's side because you begged her. You fucking kneeled infront of her. "

Somi was in rage again. 

I'm still hugging her. Those are the only things I know for Mina to be happy. 

She loves Jeongyeon so much. I knew it. 

"And those paintings? Those gifts that you asked me to give to Mina and you told me those are from Jeongyeon? I just didn't talk but I know it was all from you. Correct?" 

Somi uttered. I was dumbfounded. 

Yeah right, that was all from me but I gave the credits to Jeongyeon. 

I did it because I remember every monthsaries of them and Mina would be crying because Jeongyeon didn't even remember or gave her gifts on their monthsary. 

I witnessed all of it before. 

"Choose Chaeyoung. Choose." 

Somi paused and let go of the hug. 

"STOP being with Mina or I'll stop doing this shit." 

She said and walked away from me. 

I was left in this dark space. I closed my eyes and sat there quietly. 

"I told you, we're the same." 

I heard the Librarian say and sat down beside me. I remained silent. 

"You want advice? I can give you one" 

She said. I ignored her again. 

"When you begged Jeongyeon on that night at the hospital, I was there too." 

She started talking, I just listened. 

"She didn't agree easily right? That's because she's looking at me while you're kneeling in front of her. When I nodded, she said yes." 

The Librarian said. 

Yeah, I remember how Jeongyeon dodged all of my begs to be with Mina. 

"You just broke our relationship that night." 

She chuckled and looked up. I creased my forehead and looked at her. 

"So naive of you to say that when you're the one who broke their relationship first." 

I said. Nayeon chuckled again. 

"What do you even know, Miss? Mina cried hard for days and even for weeks because you guys cheated on her!" 

I yelled. I stood up, ready to walk away but she said something that made me stop. 

"You also cheated on her. No, you're cheating on her. Playing with her feelings. Making her hope for something surreal." 

She paused and I looked at her. I can't say anything because it was partly true, I think. 

"I can't blame you if you believed everything Mina said before, after all LOVE IS A BITCH. Jeongyeon broke up with Mina first before she courted me. But Mina can't accept that so she played the victim. That's how she got your sympathy." 

There's a rage inside me that if I wouldn't be able to control, I'll really lose myself in the process of talking to this Librarian. 

She stood up and tapped my back. 

"Don't get blinded by that love you have. Use your mind also. Let them coordinate."