Chapter 36

Chaeyoung 

I'm still staying at Doc Jihyo's place. Tzuyu and I never talk again after the incident at the police station. 

The only news I have from the Police Station is that Mrs. Myoui didn't pursue filing a case against Tzuyu. 

It might be because of Tzuyu's parents. 

Well, I don't intend to come in between them.

For me, there's no need for Tzuyu to go to jail. But of course, it depends on Mina's side. 

"Hey. I thought this is a date?" 

Somi chuckled. I looked at her and nibbled on my lower lip. 

"Yeah. It is. Simple way of thanking you." 

I said. Yeah, I just want to thank Somi for everything she did for me. 

For keeping her promise to be by Mina's side until now. 

Well, it's different now, she's with Mina because Mina already became her friend. 

And besides, she's Jeongyeon's cousin. 

And I'm really glad. 

"Why? Are you leaving?" 

Somi sounded like she's joking but she immediately turned serious when I nodded. 

Yeah, I decided to agree about what my parents offer. 

They want me to transfer to another University after this school year. 

They said it's their responsibility to help me finish my studies and that I should let them. 

I ask some advice from Dr. Kim and Doc Jihyo, they both agreed so I told my parents I'll go with them. 

They also learned that I already know who caused the accident. 

They were furious at first, but I calmed them down. 

I asked them to let me handle the situation and they agreed after a few talks. 

"Are you serious?!" 

Somi yelled and even stood up. 

"Yeah. Just gonna transfer to a different University. My parents asked me to." 

I explained. She sat back and sip on her drinks. 

"Ah. So, you already talked to your parents? I'm glad." 

She said sincerely. She also smiled even though her eyes shows that she's sad. 

"Thank you for everything Somi." 

I said and held her hand. She held back my hand and we both smiled at each other. 

We stayed there for a few minutes until my phone rang.

I excused myself and answered the call. I didn't even read the caller's name. 

"Chaeyoung, you need to come here." 

Ah. Dahyun. She's in panic. 

"What?" 

I asked again. There's a lot of background noise. 

"Tzuyu is talking to Mina and I don't think they're talking well. They're at the University garden. Hurry." 

Dahyun said and ended the call. 

We haven't talked in a while and I admit, I missed her. 

I didn't bother to go back to Somi, I sent her a text message and immediately went to the University garden. 

I saw how Mina slapped Tzuyu. I quickly came in between them, My back facing Mina. 

Tzuyu is crying. Again. 

"You know all of these Chaeyoung? And you didn't tell me that she's the one responsible for our accident?!" 

I heard Mina yell behind my back. I'm still trying to wipe Tzuyu's tears. 

She's already shivering. 

"Can't you let her explain first before slapping her?!" 

I yelled back. This is the first time I yelled at Mina. 

I can see how surprised she is about my sudden reaction. 

"What will she explain? She'll explain that she hit us and then run away after? And then she'll appear before me claiming that she didn't mean it?!" 

Mina said when she regained her composure. 

I understand that Mina is angry. Of course, her reaction was similar to my reaction when I learned who caused the accident.

"Or maybe you really planned that accident along with that friend of yours? You thought that maybe if I lost my memory, I'll love you? 

Was that it, Chaeyoung? 

Why did I even save you?" 

Mina added. That hit my temper. She's not thinking straight. 

"Stop Mina. Just stop. If you can't forgive Tzuyu right now, let her apologize." 

I said firmly. I wasn't yelling nor there's any trace of anger in my voice. 

But really, I'm on my limit. 

"Even if she apologized, I will never forgive her. I will never forgive the person who ruined my dream, and I realize now that you're one of those.

I was close to forgiving you, but right now. Now that I know you didn't tell me who caused the accident when you already knew who it was, you didn't really love me. You're just selfish." 

Mina said while staring right into my eyes. 

She has enough reason to get angry, to slap Tzuyu. 

But will she still say those words if I tell her that she was in the wrong too? 

She was chasing after Jeongyeon. 

I was the one who saved her.

"I really want to understand your reaction Mina, but please hear us out. 

Stop concluding things that are only based on what you're thinking." 

I said calmly. I need to control my temper even if I'm really close to bursting. 

Another lesson I learned from Dr. Kim,

Love yourself more. Do not let someone be your world because that world will disappear one day and you'll be left with nothing. 

I admit, I still love Mina. I really love her so much. 

But I need to love myself too. 

And besides, she already has Jeongyeon. 

It's not like I'll divert my attention to someone else, maybe I'll just wait until time heals every wound I have right now. 

"The fact that you're hiding Tzuyu from me is a sign that you're really her accomplice. 

I won't let this pass." 

Mina uttered and walked away from us.

And after a few seconds, I let go of Tzuyu's hand and I found myself running towards Mina's direction. 

I was in panic. I can only hear the sound of my heartbeat.