Chapter 17

Chaeyoung.

Too quiet. That's the atmosphere right now.

"But I guess I can't do that. We're both in love with different persons. But you know what? I wanted to scold that girl." 

She chuckled. It became quiet again. I can't say anything. 

"And I wanted to commend you for staying in love even if you weren't loved back." 

She added. I can't say anything.

"I am not surprised every time I see you with that expression. You're tense. Can I hug you?" 

She asked. Honestly, one word from Mina, or one word from me, my tears will fall down. 

So without thinking twice, I hugged Mina. 

There, my tears fell. 

"Thank you for helping us be back together, for letting me realize that you can't just like someone else because you weren't loved back by someone you love." 

I took a deep breath. I'm still hugging her. 

I tried asking myself once,

"Why are you doing this? Do you really want to break your heart that much?" 

The only words I can answer is that "I love her." 

It's too powerful. 

"If you really became part of my life before, I'll scold myself for not remembering someone like you." 

She joked and let go of the hug. She looked at me and creased her forehead. 

"Do you have a fever? Your eyes are reddish."

She said and held my forehead. 

"No. I'm just really tired." 

I smiled. I'm really tired. But I can't get tired yet. 

We stayed still until the ride was over. She thanked me again. 

I saw her walk to where Jeongyeon was. She waved me goodbye and went to the car first. 

Jeongyeon approached me. 

"Why don't you just stop this and be with her?" 

She asked me. I looked at her. 

"Why are you accepting all my favors in the first place when you can ignore those and live your life with that Librarian?" 

I asked back. She didn't answer me. 

"Might be because you still love Mina?" 

I added but she looked at me seriously. 

"I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling for her is not love, Chaeyoung. I'm just doing this because Nayeon asked me to. Nayeon is whom I love." 

She said. I creased my forehead. 

So it was true that it was because of Nayeon why Jeongyeon agreed to what I asked for? 

"So until when are you going to do this?" 

She asked again. I closed my eyes. 

"Until she remembers. Thank you." 

I walked away from her and she started to go in her car.

**

"Chaeyoung."