Chapter 64

Chaeyoung

I creased my forehead when I went to the place where Momo said we'll meet up. It's a bit far from the City and there's a lot of trees everywhere.

It's relaxing and scary at the same time.

Relaxing because of the cold wind against my skin and scary because I think I'm the only one here right now and it's getting dark.

I waited for 10 minutes but Momo didn't show up. I got my phone and dialed Momo's number but she's not picking up. The taxi who brought me here already left because I thought Momo would drive her car but I guess she's not coming.

Damn. I still have a lot of work to do.

I decided to just sit down on the grass and waited a bit longer for Momo.

I closed my eyes and a flashback played on my mind.

[FLASHBACK]

"Let's publish your story. I know you won't move on, unless you let go of those things that hurt you before. So, let's publish it Chaeyoung."

I can see the sincerity in her eyes. The way she slowly said those words touched my heart and my heart really wanted to open it again for her to enter.

Just those words, my heart is willing to bleed again.

To be broken again.

Just with those eyes, I am willing to risk again.

But it's scary.

Scary that if the past happens again, I won't be able to mend myself.

"If I publish it and let the world know about how much I loved you.. Will you leave me alone then?"

I asked while looking straight into her eyes. She blinked for a few seconds and took her a long time to answer.

She smiled at me.

"Don't you really want me in your life anymore, Chaeyoung?"

Mina asked. I felt a pang in my chest.

The sound of her voice is really sad and it makes me want to turn her sad voice into a happy one.

"I just started. Do you really want me to stop? I know I'm being selfish again by doing these things so I could win you back.. But Chaeyoung, I really love you.. I do love you and I'm willing to prove that if you'll just let me."

Mina held my wrist. Her eyes say it all. If I looked at those eyes for a bit long, I wouldn't be able to hold myself and refused her offer to stay with me.

"I'll agree on publishing the story I wrote but after that, leave me alone. I don't want you.."

I paused when I couldn't be sure of what to say. I closed my eyes and finally said those words.

"I don't want you back. Not more than being acquainted with each other."

I said. My heart hurts when I uttered those, but it hurt more to see Mina smile weakly at me.

She's holding her chest while looking at me wearing that weak smile which I cause.

"It hurts but I love the pain. I love this kind of pain. It makes me realize that I'm really in love with you."

She paused. Her other hand is still holding my wrist.

"But I guess, my realization is a bit late. I won't have the chance to feel how your love feels like.