Chapter 19

Chaeyoung 

I woke up with a headache. I got home at 3 Am after taking Mina to her home. 

She apologized for sleeping in the Convenience Store and that she might have become a burden to me. 

That was okay tho. It's been a long time since she fell asleep next to me.

She sometimes fell asleep talking about stuff before. That was one of the happiest moments in my life. 

"Hey. Good morning." 

Tzuyu greeted me when I went out to check the medical kit. I need medicine. 

"Eat first. I cooked something. Drink meds after." 

She said and left. She has an early class. 

I feel sorry because when I came home earlier, Tzuyu was still awake. I told her that I fell asleep at a friend's place. 

I went to the kitchen to have breakfast. There's soup. Suitable for me. 

**

I attended all my classes but it felt like I learned nothing. My head still hurts. 

When it's already my vacant, I directly went to the Library. 

I know I shouldn't be surprised to see Mina there since she's regular, but can't help myself. 

Damn. 

"Hey. Good morning" 

She greeted me smiling. I just nodded and went to my station. 

"Are you okay?" 

She asked and followed me to my station. 

"Yeah. You came to borrow a book?" 

I asked while preparing the log. 

"No. I came here to do my assignments." 

She said slowly. I looked at her but she's bowing her head. 

I sighed. What am I supposed to do? The thing she said yesterday never left my mind. 

"Mina." 

I tried getting her attention. She looked at me. 

"Someone's behind you. I think she'll sign the log."

I said. Mina is in my station and there's other students borrowing books.

She got startled and walked directly to the chairs nearby. 

When it's already her class time, she bid her goodbye and left. 

I closed my eyes and let my head rest on the desk.

My head still hurts. 

**

After my shift in the Library, I texted Jeongyeon. I need to talk to her.

She replied and told me she'll be waiting in her condo. She gave me the address and I quickly went there. 

"I won't do it anymore."

Jeongyeon said when I entered her condo. Her short hair is messy and her eyes looked dull.

"What? Why? You're back together that day in the Amusement Park. 

I thought you'll stay by her side until she remembers? I told you, you just need to stay.. I could handle every monthsaries--" 

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when she yelled.

"What if her memories won't come back? Am I going to stay by her side for the rest of my life? 

I can't do that anymore. 

2 years was enough.. That was enough to compensate the guilt I'm feeling. I have a life too." 

She said and looked at me.

"What do you mean? Guilt?" 

I asked. Is it because she cheated on her? 

"I have my personal reason why I accepted your request. It's not just because you kneeled in front of me. It's not just because Nayeon told me to do it." 

Jeongyeon said. I creased my forehead. 

"You're guilty because you cheated on her?" 

I scoffed. She looked at me and chuckled.

"You really believed her when she said that to you? Sorry to disappoint you but I broke up with her first before I entered a relationship with Nayeon."

She said. I closed my eyes.

Why would Mina do that? 

"Mina is not perfect as she is. Yes, I loved her but then, I fell out of love from her the moment she became too jealous of everything I do.

She wants all my time to be with her. 

It felt like everything I do and say should be approved by her.

When she lost her memory, I gave it a try once again.. 

She became the Mina I fell in love with. 

But I can't still love her like how I used to.

Because I'm already in love with Nayeon. "

She paused. I can see the different glow in her eyes when she mentioned Nayeon. 

"We're just cheating on Mina because she can't remember anything. I know you're doing this for her but this isn't good.

I'm sorry, but this ends the favor you asked of me.

I don't know if my cousin Somi, will still do you favors but I'm done. 

If you want to stay by her side, you can do it.. But be honest with her first.

Be honest with what you've done. I already said Sorry to Mina yesterday, when she broke up with me. 

I'm sorry too for hurting the girl you love."

Jeongyeon added and turned her back on me.

Honestly, the first time I talked to Jeongyeon was in the hospital. 

I have hatred towards her because she makes Mina cry. 

Not because she's the person Mina's in love with. 

I stayed there for a few minutes. 

It felt like my head ached more.