Chapter 11

Chaeyoung 

"You looked pale. Are you okay?" 

Mina asked as she held my arm. I met Somi's eyes and she gave me a disappointed look. 

How can I even ignore Mina when she's this sweet to me? 

"Yeah." 

I said and walked away from her to get water. When I came back, there's only two vacant spaces on the circle facing the fire. 

It was on Mina's side and Somi's. I looked at Nayeon who's heading on Mina's side so I just sat beside Somi. 

I felt Mina's stare. I heard the Librarian chuckled so all the attention shifted to her. 

Is she always that happy? 

"Sorry about earlier." 

I whispered on Somi but she just ignored me. 

Damn it. 

"I'm sorry really, please don't ignore me." 

I whispered near her ear. I may have startled her because she looked at me and we almost kissed. Good thing I was able to distance myself immediately. 

I looked at Mina and she's staring at me too. She smiled and looked away. 

"Let's start!" 

The Librarian said and we all focused our attention on her. 

"I'll be asking questions, OKAY? Just raise your hand if you want to answer." 

The Librarian started. Different questions were thrown but I don't have any interest answering those. 

"How do you define love on your own?" 

The Librarian asked. No one raised a hand. It took minutes before everyone clapped and focused their attention on me. 

Wtf? 

Somi raised my hand. Really, tf. 

"It wasn't me who raised my hand." 

I defended myself but they began cheering for me. 

Have you ever been in a situation where you became pressured that's why you don't have any choice but to answer? 

Gosh. 

"Is it doing everything that makes the one you love happy? That might be love." 

I said. They all looked at me. What? 

"Even if it means you're making that person believe in lies? As long as she's happy? You aren't even sure." 

The Librarian asked back. Mina nodded and waited for my response. 

Everyone of them looked at me, also waiting for a response but I didn't say anything. 

The activity went on and on until we all decided to head back to our tents. 

I'm with this Librarian. 

"Disappointed?" 

She asked beside me. I scoffed. 

"It's not like I'm expecting to be in this tent with Mina but I expected that it wasn't you who'll be beside me tonight. 

I'm sure I'll be having a nightmare." 

I said and turned the other way. 

I heard her chuckle and wished me a good sleep. 

I can't really sleep so I decided to go out. The stars are visible and it's really pleasing to the eyes. 

I sat on the grass for a few minutes and decided to let myself fall on the grass. This is a very relaxing view. 

It felt like I'm forgetting everything I wanted to think. 

"Can't sleep too?" 

It was Mina. 

I nodded even though I know she's not looking at me. 

It's already 12 AM and it's so quiet here. 

"They are all snoring so I decided to just go outside. Can't sleep with their noise." 

She chuckled and laid down beside me. 

It's the same scenario as the moment  when we arrived here. 

"How was the camping? It wasn't that bad, right?" 

She started a conversation. 

"Yeah, not that bad." 

I answered, still looking at the stars. 

"Most of the members in this club know you.. 

They said that you were once a member of the Math Club and you just transferred at this club recently." 

She paused. I can feel her eyes looking at me. 

Yeah, I'm kinda famous before. No one knows I had an accident except for some people including Serri. 

I already told her not to tell anyone, I can trust her. 

"I even asked them if we're close. If they remember a time we talked to each other.." 

She added. I closed my eyes. 

They wouldn't know we're close because we only talked outside the University. 

We are close outside the University. 

"They said that we're not. But why do I feel like we are somehow connected? 

Maybe it's just my hunch. 

Maybe I just really wanted you to be my friend that's why I'm thinking or imagining we are connected before." 

She explained. 

"Do you love your girlfriend?" 

I asked out of nowhere. I didn't know why I asked too. Hurting myself, I guess. 

"Yeah."

She said, and I smiled. I'm doing the right thing. 

"How can you say so? You forgot your memories, right?" 

I asked again. 

"Yeah but just like what you told me earlier, The mind might forget but the heart won't." 

She answered me. Double kill. 

"That's good then. Let's head back to our tents." 

I said and stood up. 

The camping ended just like that. Not really exciting. 

If mina wasn't there, it would be too boring for me.