Chapter 49

Chaeyoung 

"I wasn't really expecting that Tzuyu would appear in front of me claiming that she's the one who caused that accident. 

I wasn't able to control my anger that's why I slapped her. 

It's just that everything.. 

All the memories I had with everyone.. And I should also be graduating but it was canceled because I got into that accident.. 

I thought of those and I just slapped her.. "

Mina bowed her head. I understand her anger. 

We do have different tempers and we sometimes don't know what we can do when we're mad.. 

Just like how I fooled Mina thinking that it will make her better. That I should do it because I love her. 

Maybe, I was also blinded by that love I have for her. 

" But you know what? When you came and shielded Tzuyu from me.. 

I felt the feeling that it should be me you're shielding.. 

You're supposed to be on my side.. 

So I thought of something to counter that feeling.. 

I concluded you planned everything with her.. 

I know I was wrong and I'm sorry for that.. 

I was angry and I know that my anger isn't enough to justify what I said that day. "

Mina paused. I was just listening to her. 

"When I saw how Tzuyu is taking care of you.. And how you take care of her.. I was afraid that I'll be replaced there." 

Mina pointed my chest. 

"I know it's selfish.. But I was jealous that everytime where you guys are going, I'll follow. 

It was like that for how many weeks until I can't hold it on anymore.. 

Yes Chaeyoung, I'm so jealous that you can ignore me now.. 

I'm jealous that it's not me whom you're talking to. 

I'm jealous that she can make you laugh and smile. 

That she can make you happy. 

I asked myself a lot of times.. Did I make you happy like what she's doing? 

Or I only gave you pain? 

Everytime I see you hugging Tzuyu, I'd wish that I was the one you're hugging. 

I can't understand myself because I know I love Jeongyeon but why am I feeling this way every time you're with Tzuyu? "

Mina confessed. I gulped three times. 

Maybe, if I were the Chaeyoung before, I totally jumped because of happiness. 

But it's different now. 

"Can we still fix this? Can we give it another try, Chaeyoung? I broke up with Jeongyeon." 

Mina directly asked. 

"Do you love me?" 

I asked again. I was waiting for an answer. 

"I don't know."

Mina said and bow her head. I lifted her chin up and without a doubt, I kissed her. 

I let her feel the pain and love I am feeling right now. 

I kissed her and she wasn't able to respond but I didn't stop. 

I just kissed her, until she pushed me. 

"I'm sorry Mina.. But this time, I'm choosing myself. 

If I take the risk of being with you, I don't know if I'll be able to fix myself again. 

I'm not yet fully healed. I can't afford to break myself again trying to fix you. 

You're broken too, but it's only you who can help yourself. Of course, you can seek help and guidance but it should start with you. "

I paused when she looked at me. 

"Why didn't you tell me the truth that it's you who saved me?"

She asked. Tzuyu must have told her. 

"Does it matter? That was my choice. I love you to the point that I can even risk my life for you.. But it's all in the past.. 

I need to save myself this time.. 

So if there's some advice I can give you.. 

Chase your dreams, Mina. 

It's not yet too late to take the therapy so you can continue to do ballet. 

That's your dream and don't forget that. 

Choose yourself too."

I patted Mina's shoulder. 

"When I kissed you, I felt that you weren't jealous because you love me.. It's because you're just afraid knowing that Jeongyeon isn't there for you anymore. 

But then, it's only you who can interpret what you're feeling.. 

Maybe one day, we'll meet again and when that time comes that I still love you and you already love me.. 

Maybe we can continue.. 

Being friends or being lovers.. 

But right now, I don't think we'll both be happy. 

We should prioritize ourselves first, Mina.

I already told you everything I wanted to say. 

And I guess there's no point that we'll talk again. "

I said and turned my back away from her. 

It still hurt like those previous ones. 

But this time, I am so proud of myself. 

I am thankful to those who stood by me. 

And I am also thankful to Mina because she gave me a lesson I will never forget. 

I don't know if I can get over her, but I'll try.

If there's someone coming, I'd be glad. 

If there's none, I'll still wait. 

But if Mina is really for me, I'll let Destiny bring us together once again. 

THE END. 

**