Chapter 31

Chaeyoung 

"So, how was the talk you had with your Mom?" 

Doc Jihyo asked when she saw me in the sofa. 

I looked up to see her. 

"Yeah. Fine. Thank you." 

I said and caught the chips she threw at me. 

"Sorry to surprise you but your Mom went to the hospital the other day, that's why I contacted her and told her that you're staying with me." 

Doc Jihyo explained. She's preparing her things since she has a night shift today. 

"No, no. It's okay. I'm glad we talked after 2 long years. I'm glad, really." 

I assured her. She winked at me and told me to just stay inside. 

When Doc Jihyo left, I took out my phone and turned it on. 

I haven't opened my phone for the last few days. 

A lot of messages came in. 

I'll be a liar if I say that I'm not hoping that one of those is from Mina. 

Atleast. 

I opened the inbox and was disappointed because there's no message from Mina. 

Ah..  Why hope for something and then get hurt because you didn't get what you hoped for? 

Most of the messages are from Dahyun, Tzuyu.. And there's one from Nayeon. 

Just a few mins ago. 

[If you're bored, come over here. Let's have a drink.]

Ah, she's really persistent. Yeah, I'm bored but I still don't want to go. 

[JEONGYEON is here. You might wanna ask her something?] 

Ah.. That's a good bait. 

I replied and asked her for the address. She replied immediately and I changed my clothes, then directly went to her place. 

I knocked three times before the door of her house opened. 

"Come in, come in." 

Nayeon invited me to come in. She doesn't look like she's already drunk. 

I saw Jeongyeon inside. She's just drinking. I don't even know if she noticed that I'm here. 

I sat on the opposite side, Nayeon sat down beside Jeongyeon. 

Glad, they can still spend time together. 

"Here's for you!" 

Nayeon handed me a glass of beer. I took it and drank immediately. 

"Oh. You're here. Long time no see." 

Jeongyeon lifted her head when she felt my presence. 

"Yeah." 

I said and looked at her too. It went quiet. No one dared to talk until someone knocked on the door. 

Nayeon excused herself. 

"Oh. I invited you too?" 

I heard Nayeon said and chuckled afterwards. 

Damn. I have an idea who it is. 

"What the fuck, Nayeon?!" 

Jeongyeon yelled when she realized that Nayeon invited Mina too. 

I can't even turn my head to look at her knowing that she's behind my back. 

"What? I forgot to tell you I invited her. What's wrong with that? Besides, Mina is regular in the Library and I'll miss her, of course." 

Nayeon explained and let Mina sit beside me. 

There's a distance between us but it felt like she's way too close. 

"We're going. Let's go, Mina." 

Jeongyeon stood up and went to Mina's side. 

"Why? It's not like I'll ruin your relationship?" 

Nayeon jokingly uttered while picking some chips. 

Jeongyeon stopped to look at her. 

"This isn't funny, Nayeon." 

Jeongyeon uttered but Nayeon just chuckled. 

"Just let me stay with you for tonight. I'll be leaving in the next two days anyway." 

Nayeon said again. I looked at Mina but she's looking up at Jeongyeon. 

Ah, crazy. 

"Chaeyoung, you want to be with them too right?" 

Nayeon looked at me and smiled. Does my opinion matter? 

This scene is too awkward. 

"Come on, don't be killjoy and just sit here beside me. I promise you, this will be the last. Let's celebrate my departure and the new relationship you two have." 

She firmly said without being choked. 

I held unto the glass of beer. Good thing, it's too thick so I can't break it. 

Jeongyeon sighed and went back to her seat. 

No one talked again. We just stare at the beers and chips on the table. 

"Wanna say something to me? Any sweet message? I'll miss you guys." 

Nayeon talked first. She drank a lot of beer already so I think she's already drunk. 

"Stop it Nayeon. You're drunk. You should go to sleep." 

Jeongyeon said and looked at her. 

"Come, sleep with me like how we used to." 

Nayeon blurted out. Everyone heard how Mina's glass shattered. She dropped it on the floor. 

Jeongyeon and I stood up at the same time. 

But I sat down quickly when Mina looked at Jeongyeon. 

She didn't say anything. 

"Oh. I'm sorry. I was just kidding." 

Nayeon chuckled and looked at Mina. 

I excused myself and went outside. The atmosphere inside is too suffocating. 

"Yo, Chaeyoung." 

Jeongyeon came out after a few minutes.

"Hey."

I greeted her back and went back to where I am looking. 

"Tell me the truth. Is it really true that Mina saved me from that accident?" 

I uttered without looking at her. Jeongyeon didn't answer me right away. 

"I'm sorry."

She said. I just stayed still. 

"She was running after me at that time. When I looked back, I saw you two lying on the ground. I didn't exactly saw what happened. Nayeon was there too, she was the one who applied first aid to Mina. 

I'm sorry." 

She added and tapped my back. 

"Do you love her?" 

I suddenly asked her when she got quiet. I turned to look at her but she couldn't look into my eyes.