Chapter 39

Chaeyoung 

"Uhm.. Hi?" 

Tzuyu approached Dahyun and I while talking. 

I smiled at her.

I missed the two of them, so I opened my arms wide and closed my eyes. After a few seconds, I can't feel them hugging me and I saw them hugging each other. 

Ah, really. I just went to them and joined the hug. 

"You two should talk. I'll go ahead. I need to go to the Library." 

I excused myself and directly went to the Library. 

I don't know if Mina got discharged already. 

"Good afternoon Mrs. Librarian." 

I greeted the Old Librarian, she gave me a nod and went back to what she's doing. 

She's the one who told me to call her Librarian. 

She's checking the students.

She's that strict. If she sees couples flirting, they'll be kicked out and their parents will be called to the administration's office. 

Unlike Nayeon, she doesn't care even if the students here are making out already. I think she's even encouraging those students. 

I can't help but smile at that thought. 

"I'll borrow these books." 

I stood up and handed her the Log Book. 

Mina. I'm surprised she's here. 

She's been avoiding me. She only comes here in the Library if it's not my duty. 

"Uh. You forgot to sign this." 

I reminded her when she handed me back the Log book. She got it from me again. 

She's not looking at me. 

"Miss Son? Someone gave this to you."

The Librarian approached my station and handed me a paper bag. 

I opened it and there's food inside with a note that says, "Please eat me."

Ahhhhh. I'm sure this is from Tzuyu. 

I immediately chuckled from the phrase. 

Mina cleared her throat so I looked at her. 

"Are you done?" 

I asked. She nodded and handed me again the Log book. 

I turned around and placed the Log Book back to its place. 

When I get the paper bag, Mina is still standing in front of me. 

"You forgot something?" 

I asked. She didn't answer me until a few seconds later. 

"You're dating someone?" 

She said while looking at the paper bag I'm holding. I creased my forehead and before I could ask her to repeat the questions, she already left. 

What's wrong with her? I shook my head and started eating the foods Tzuyu gave.

**

Weeks later, Tzuyu and I became a lot closer. I became a lot closer with Dahyun too. 

Together with Dr. Kim and Doc Jihyo. 

I don't have much information about Somi since she became a lot busy. 

We just greet each other every time our path crosses. 

I don't know what happened to Mina and Jeongyeon. 

I don't want to know anymore and get involved. 

"Should we try that one?" 

Tzuyu asked when she saw a better white shirt in the next shop. 

She asked me to go with her. 

I'm glad she's doing fine. She apologized to Mina through a text message even though she wanted it in person.. 

But if she did apologize in person, Mina might get mad again, so she chose to text her instead. 

"This is too expensive."

I said after checking the tag price of the white shirts. 

She told me to design the white shirts for the upcoming event in their subject at the University. 

She offered to pay me but I refused. 

"As long as the quality is worth it."

Tzuyu answered. Yeah, she's rich. She can even buy this whole store if she wants to. 

So we went to the sales lady and asked if we can have all the white shirts available but the sales lady said it's already paid by someone just now. 

Wow. 

"What? But we're the first one to get here. There's no other customer." 

Tzuyu insisted. 

"I paid the product first."

Mina came in. She isn't smiling nor any emotions on her face is showing. 

"Mina."

I uttered and she looked at me. 

"Chaeyoung? You're here." 

She said and nodded. She looked at Tzuyu. 

I felt the tension between them so I held Tzuyu's hand. 

She's nervous. 

"Let's just buy somewhere."

I whispered to Tzuyu. She immediately nodded. 

Mina and Tzuyu are classmates in that subject where they'll be using white shirts in that event. 

I grabbed Tzuyu's hand gently and excused myself from the sales lady and from Mina, but before we could exit the store, Mina called me. 

"By the way Chaeyoung, will you be the one to paint the white shirts? If that's okay with you?" 

Mina said. Tzuyu's hand loosened from my grip. 

"It's fine Chaeyoung. You can draw on her white shirts, I'll just find some---" 

I cut Tzuyu off and held her hand again. Mina's attention never left my hand holding Tzuyu's. 

"No. I'll draw yours." 

I said to Tzuyu. 

"I'm sorry Mina but I promised Tzuyu that I'll be the one to draw on her white shirts but if I have vacant time, maybe I can help you."

I continued. Mina nodded and turned around to talk to the sales lady. 

"I can still find an artist to draw on those white shirts." 

Tzuyu said again when we're already far from the store. 

"No it's okay.. I promised you. I should keep it."

I said and gave her a smile. Tzuyu just nodded and pointed another store nearby. 

I want to think that it's just a coincidence that Mina bought all the white clothes Tzuyu chose but my mind is telling me she's testing Tzuyu's patience. 

She's really mad.