Chapter 32

Chaeyoung 

"You know the answer to that question, Chaeyoung." 

Jeongyeon finally answered. 

"But she loves me. Her parents talked to me. I have to stay with her. If not, I'll lose everything I worked for. I'll lose the company." 

Jeongyeon confessed. Mina is really wealthy. Her parents are known business tycoons. 

I'm not surprised that she doesn't have any feelings for Mina. 

I understand that she needs to stay with Mina because Mina loves her so much. 

And besides, that's what I want in the first place. 

"Material things over Love?" 

I asked and looked at her. 

"I want to choose love but you know, we need to be practical. 

I'll just wait 'til Mina realized her worth.

'til Mina got tired of me. 

I know the chance of getting Nayeon back is too low, but I will still wait for that day we'll be back together." 

Jeongyeon explained. I can't deny the fact that Jeongyeon is right at some point. 

"I'll tell Mina that it wasn't because of you why the accident happened. That it wasn't true that she saved you. I'll tell her the truth that she was running after me.

That was also the reason why I agreed on the favor you asked of me aside from the permission I got from Nayeon. 

I also felt responsible of what happened to Mina that's why I stayed with her at those times." 

Jeongyeon added and smiled at me. 

"No. No need. Don't do that. It's fine. Let's just wait until she remembers. She has a lot of things to think and I don't want to add any pressure on her. 

So it's fine. It's better this way." 

I paused and bow my head. 

"Just take good care of her. She loves you and I know she couldn't care less why you stayed with her again.. 

What matters to her is that.. 

It's you who's beside her." 

I continued and went back inside Nayeon's place. 

Nayeon is already sleeping, her head on the table. 

Jeongyeon went back inside too. I can feel that she wanted to take care of Nayeon so I decided to ask Mina if we can talk. 

I know that she doesn't  want to see me again but I just really missed her. 

And I want to give Nayeon and Jeongyeon privacy. 

I went out and waited for Mina to go out.

Ah, she really won't talk to me. 

I still waited but Mina didn't come out yet.

Until 10 mins later, she went out and walked closer to where I am. 

"Thank you." 

I was surprised when Mina said Thank you. 

"I still don't remember anything. I still don't understand why I saved you. Why I almost sacrificed my life for you but I still wanted to thank you for being honest with me even if it took you so long."