Chapter Three: The Force

Chapter Three: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖊.
word count; 6.1k

You were most definitely puzzled waking to the Mandalorian informing you that you were finding an... egg. Was your mind messing with you or what? It didn't exactly make much sense. As you stared up at the T-visor facing you, you lifted yourself up and climbed off the sled. "What... an egg? Why the hell are we getting an egg?"

Nearby chanting caught your attention. Obnoxious, high-pitched voices shouting something you couldn't quite understand, likely due to the fact they weren't speaking Galactic Basic. Your gaze shifted from Mando's helmet to the sandcrawler a few feet away, then landing on the congregated Jawas who were speaking what you assumed to be Jawaese.

"The only way to get the Crest's parts back from them is if I find an egg for them... It was either that, my beskar, or" his visor moved from you to the quarry in its pram, "—the child."

"Wouldn't handing over your beskar be so much easier?" You joked with a faint smirk appearing on your lips. His response was a tilt of his helmet, as if saying really? "I'm kidding!" you allowed your lips to curl up in the slightest smile, shoulders vibrating with soft laughter. He shook his head in disapproval. When your eyes met with his visor again, you noticed his own gaze was still trained on you. Your grin immediately dropped. "What?"

His shoulders visibly tensed. The visor was quickly directed towards the crawling fortress ahead instead. "Nothing."

You opened your mouth to speak but was interrupted when he beckoned you to follow him. The pram trailed behind you two as you made your ways towards the sandcrawler.

Here you are — entering a sandcrawler. A sandcrawler. This was definitely not how you imagined this quick little bounty hunt would go.

Now, originally, you were supposedly going to snatch the quarry away from the Nikto's encampment, leave this planet and head to Nevarro. Then, deliver the child and receive your well-deserved reward of beskar ingots. Well, that's not at all what happened. You're temporarily forced to partner up with someone you never believed you'd even agreed to do so. He took your weapons away from your grasp, had you pinned down, yet he allowed you a chance to live and join him. Then, stranded on this dusty planet, you have no possible transportation off it unless you negotiate with kriffing Jawas. Which was absolutely absurd! Why couldn't things be a bit simpler for you? And why the hell couldn't these damned creatures find the egg themselves?

It didn't take long to locate your destination, and you were glad it was such a short trip. The Jawas were certainly testing yours and Mando's patience. At one point you just about had it and was on the verge of teaching these hooded bastards a brief lesson. But Mando halted you before you managed to so much as touch them. A gloved hand placed itself on your shoulder, somewhat gently pushing you back in your cramped spot. Once he noticed you tensed at his unexpected touch, he retracted his hand back. "Let's not make things worse than they already are, alright?"