Chapter Seven: The Search

Chapter Seven: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖈𝖍.
word count; 6.5k

Various weeks were spent in the Razor Crest, traveling through space with no planet to land on ever since the scare on Corellia. There was nothing but the three of you left to entertain yourselves. Well, no, actually more like the two of you. Mando preferred isolating himself instead, resulting in him barely speaking or interacting with you. Which meant that, during your extended stay on the ship, you were left to maintain the Child distracted. Yet you could tell he was growing restless—sleeping for briefer amounts of times, quicker to cry when displeased, easily disinterested in any games you offered to play.

While you understood the fact that it was plenty safer to remain in the safety of hyperspace (in case bounty hunters were to locate you again), the problem was that the baby couldn't comprehend that... he was, well, a baby.

Rarely did that damned Mandalorian ever make conversation with you, not unless it was strictly deemed necessary. Ever since that dispute before landing on Corellia, things have been quite tense between the both of you... It was pretty suffocating, actually. Which was why you attempted to apologize multiple times, as much as you despised the idea. You simply couldn't stand the way things were between you two. If you were going to stay on his ship for so long, might as well sort things out first.

Well, he definitely did not cooperate with you. Each time you apologized, he'd swiftly interrupt you with the usual: it's fine, don't worry about it, or i already told you there's no need to say you're sorry... And, well, at first you sorta believed him? Yet he continued with the same attitude towards you, and it was just a mess of mixed signals for you. Until you finally concluded that he, indeed, had not forgiven you, and was simply being stubborn as hell. And it didn't help that hatred towards him whatsoever. You found yourself unsure about what your actions should be anymore. You'd never had to handle such a relentless, unreachable person such as Mando, and it frustrated you deeply.

Later on, you gave in, realized all your efforts were in vain anyway. Because as soon as you found a home for the Child, you two would split your separate ways and never have to deal with each other again! That sounds great, doesn't it?

You just hoped this little mission wouldn't take too long.

As you rested in the makeshift cot you'd constructed yourself for your temporary stay in the Razor Crest, you found you couldn't quite grab some shut-eye, even despite your lack of sleep lately. And you knew why. While residing on this ship these recent weeks, you, you weren't wasting energy whatsoever. So, sleep hardly came naturally to you. You recalled when after a long day of bounty hunting, you would return to a nice resting place, collapse on the cot... and as soon as your head hit the pillow, you were fast asleep and dreaming of pleasantries in no time. That only made you long to return to hunting even more than you already did. This caring for a baby... it just wasn't for you. No matter how cute and cuddly the little womprat was, you weren't his mother, and you were just a woman who needed to go back to bounty hunting... as soon as possible.