Chapter Twelve: The Departure

Chapter Twelve: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊.
word count; 3.3k

As the time passed, you and the Mandalorian decided to stay on Sorgan along with the Child—temporarily, at least. A short amount of time resting on this wonderfully peaceful planet was something the two of you sought out for, as well as deserved. That, and Din probably wouldn't have been content at watching you leave whether he admitted it or not. Plus, you wanted to spend some more time with the Child before you returned to your bounty hunting. And, you'd feel bad leaving both the Child as well as Din even though, eventually, you would inevitably have to do so.

That day was today.

After conversing with Din about it, you made the decision to depart from Sorgan and go back to hunting. After the time spent here, you would need to earn the credits needed to continue living in this grueling galaxy. So Din would drop you off wherever you'd like, and after that he'd head off to wherever he desired as well. Though that meant you'd have to stay on the low, choose bounties that weren't associated with the Guild. You were even opting to go for the illegal bounties with larger rewards for a temporary amount of time, at least until you obtain a substantial portion of credits. Unfortunately, if you were caught then that would make everything ten times worse, but it was what you had to do. And you were willing to do it if necessary.

The absence of Din's presence definitely would take a toll on you, and you weren't going to deny that you would miss him just as you would with the Child. At least you knew the Child was in a safe place, though you weren't sure what kinds of troubles Din would undoubtedly get into after you part ways. If you could, you would've stayed on the Crest along with him, though you both knew you couldn't remain together any longer. With what was growing between you... it was safer to simply disassociate yourself from him because you knew exactly what would happen if you were together longer than this. Quite frankly, you wouldn't have minded.

But it simply wasn't possible.

Not to mention the two of you didn't have time for each other at all, no time for that... well, you weren't even sure what whatever was happening between you was even called. Though what you were certain of was that  was the correct decision, whether you wanted to or not. At least there was one good outcome of this — you had one less enemy to worry about, and one more friend who could help you out during difficult times. Surely, you only needed to ask and Din would be right by your side if you ever required a helping hand, and you would certainly do the same for him.

So as you spent your last few minutes with the Child along with the kids of the village, Din stood back at the hut, leaning onto the wall as he conversed with Cara who was seating next to him. The two of them watched as you interacted with the children, and he had to admit that... awoke something in him. A desire to settle down, have a family, raise kids here in Sorgan. That was nearly impossible, especially with you. Not to mention he had no idea what you wanted in life, whether you sought for the same or if you prefer to continue on with how your life is now.