Chapter Fifty-Two: The Starfighter

Chapter Fifty-Two: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗.

word count; 4.5k

Reconstructing the N-1 starfighter stole more of your time than you originally thought it would. Honestly, you weren't liking how much Din was accepting the new ship so quickly. You helped nevertheless, but it wasn't like you were too content with the decision. Although as the twin suns set onto the horizon and night took over, everyone elected to take a break and rest for the night. Peli retreated to her own room while yourself and Din rented out a small hotel room. After a brief shower, you were both so exhausted that you could only crash onto the bed.

Somehow... you couldn't sleep.

Something was off, and it wasn't allowing you to catch some sleep. Maybe it were the countless crimes that Tatooine was infamously known for, but you didn't feel safe on Mos Eisley. 

All night was nothing but twisting and turning. Eventually, you had enough of this. You needed some fresh air. That usually worked for you.

Din's arm rested around your waist. He was fast asleep, soft snores audible against your ear. Carefully, you moved his arm away and pushed yourself up and off the bed. Din always had been a light sleeper. A really light sleeper. Sometimes a simple shuffling sound from you shifting around in bed would wake him up. So when he didn't stir awake whatsoever, you ended up rather shocked. Which was good, because he deserved to catch up on the amount of sleep he recently lost. You wished you could sleep as peacefully as he was right now... but apparently, you could not.

A heavy sigh left your throat, and you decided to put on your boots to step outside. That always soothed you during restless nights like these. Before heading out, you checked the clock... 4:34 in the morning. The entire night, you had not slept for a second. It frustrated you.

Still, it surprised you that Din didn't even move the slightest bit when you opened the door. He must be absolutely exhausted.

When you silently shut the door, you considered going to the hotel's rooftop. It should be empty at this time. It was a safer alternative to stepping outside to the streets of Mos Eisley. You never knew who was lurking through the hidden alleyways of this city at this time. Probably not anyone with good intentions. The roof was the best decision. Once you took the lift to head up there, its doors slid open... revealing that somebody was already there. By the edge, staring out into the isolated city of Mos Eisley. Perhaps they couldn't sleep either, much like you. You couldn't see their face, but the figure seemed masculine. You weren't entirely sure, though. You made sure to keep your distance from him, settling for another side of the rooftop.

Tatooine's mild breeze managed to somewhat alleviate you. A faint anxiety still brewed deep within your chest. Something still felt strange. It was bothering you. You couldn't help but steal another glance to the man again. Still, he hadn't moved nor had he revealed his face. He was as stiff as a rock. You forced your eyes away from him.