Chapter Forty-Five: The Fervor

Chapter Forty-Five: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖛𝖔𝖗.
word count; 7.1k

note: i think we've all been waiting for this one 🌚 

Left alone within the confines of the juggernaut, your mind wandered.

Thinking about what the future may hold for yourself, Din, and Grogu thrilled you. Moving to a planet, possibly even establishing a life there on Nata. That was something you never imagined you'd be capable of achieving, much less with them. If you could travel back and tell yourself that this would be the outcome of acquiring that bounty and your temporary partnership with Din, you never would've believed it for a second.

You wanted it. But now that you were here, pondering over it, without the disaster your emotions were before, part of it didn't seem plausible. Maybe you were becoming too optimistic about this idea. It might never happen, because nobody could ever predict what will occur on Gideon's lightcruiser once you arrive to rescue Grogu. There was a significant chance that the kid might not even be there, and the Moff had taken him elsewhere while he was kept hostage. Even worse... he may not have survived. The notion was infuriating and discouraging altogether. It was difficult to bear the thought, but it was a possibility. Then what? What would Din and yourself do afterwards, without Grogu?

So much could go wrong.

It's not only Grogu. It could be you, or maybe even Din. There's always a chance that one of you won't escape alive.

As much as you wished you could obtain that life, it was actually rather improbable given your circumstances. There was still the problem that you need to be trained by a Jedi—or at the very least, learn how to control your powers yourself. The fear of accidentally hurting someone still lingered every now and then. It hadn't occurred yet, but it could. One day, it could and that was one of the largest risks you'd be taking if you decided to be with Din.

A quiet sigh sounded through the vehicle. This was a decision you'd have to think through carefully.

Din and Mayfeld were taking an eternity. It had been... approximately half an hour, but you hadn't heard a single sign of trouble. Which was fine. You were backup and you were here to fight in case the plan somehow went awry, but this was good. There were no obstacles interrupting you for now. You only worried that Mayfeld had betrayed Din in the process of earning the information on Gideon's location, because that was a large probability given that he was formerly Imperial.

You considered peering out the front window and sneak a glimpse of what may be happening around you since the transport had been parked inside the base, but that was unlikely. This convoy was surrounded by troopers, pilots, and officers—and you could hear their footsteps and conversation clearly from where you sat. So you could not risk it. Though as the sounds of the rhydonium being unloaded behind you reached your ears, you hoped that this would be over soon, before someone stepped inside to guide the juggernaut elsewhere.