Chapter Fifty-One: The Exile

Chapter Fifty-One: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊

word count; 4.0k

To say you didn't feel guilty was a lie.

Din had reassured you time and time again that it didn't matter whether he removed his helmet in front of you. That this was something he'd allow for the rest of his life, no matter what happened. But voluntarily or not, he was still breaking his Creed. That was a lingering thought you could never quite eradicate from your mind... and honestly, you couldn't think of anything you could possibly do about this situation.

Because the thing was, it was his choice. It was his decision to show his face to you, and he was determined to keep doing so. The problem was that he was searching for a way to redeem himself, to mend his damaged Creed. What would he propose to do then? Because then he'd end up in an incessant cycle of breaking and fixing his Creed, over and over and over again. As much as he wanted it, that wasn't going to work out.

Of course, there was marriage—and, yes, he'd mentioned it before—but you weren't even sure if he was up for that. 

At least the thought of it all distracted you from the medic while she treated your arm. There were a few stitches involved, along with a cool bacta wrap around your forearm. She was even kind enough to sew the ripped pieces of your cloak back together, ultimately covering up the wound. You made sure to pay her well for her services. Work like this did not come easy, not in this galaxy, and especially not on this isolated ringworld.

However, your only concern was that by the time you finished, there had been no sign of Din. He hadn't contacted you yet through the commlink, and even as you waited a while in kalzoc alley, he didn't appear anywhere. Eventually, though... you began to hear fighting. Weapons clashing against beskar. He was definitely still in there, and that worried you—because what if they found out about his Creed and that was the reason why they were fighting him? He was even injured... Did they not care? He could defend himself to an extent, but with his wounded leg, surviving was improbable if they truly were becoming hostile towards him.

All those thoughts and anxieties panicked you, and you couldn't stop yourself from walking inside.

The first person visible was the Armorer, down below. Her golden helmet was familiar to you, and her visor spotted you immediately. The sound of weapons clashing continued, but she didn't act against anything. She didn't seem aggressive either, which calmed you down... so you took this as an opportunity to climb down the ladder and meet with her. In front of you was Din, along with a somewhat recognizable Mandalorian. Engaged in battle. He was larger and taller than Din, but seeing how this wasn't exactly a death fight assured you even more. 

There was no heading back, though... You were here, and Din surely saw you from his peripheral vision already. Your eyes shifted over to meet with the Armorer's gaze. "Why are they fighting?"