Chapter Six: The Ambush

Chapter Six: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖚𝖘𝖍.
word count; 5.1k

The Razor Crest rumbled softly beneath you as it traveled through hyperspace, the stars soaring by expiditiously at light speed. The Child slept peacefully in the cot below in the hull, his belly full after you'd fed him the remaining snack rations in the ship. The coordinates had been set to Corellia, since you'd suggested to Mando that you needed to grab the remainder of your credits, in case you were to need it in the future. That, and you desperately needed a change of clothes. Your current attire was all torn, muddied, grimy, and stained with stinky dried blood.

You'd had a quick conversation with Mando recently — simply to sort things out, find out where you resided among this... strange relationship with him.

"What are you going to do, then?" He'd asked as soon as the ship had been pulled into hyperspace.

"Well—" you'd started, bringing the Child still standing on the control panel into your arms instead. As you leaned your weight onto one leg, you shrugged briefly, eyes focusing on the Mandalorian settled on the pilot's seat. "—I'm not leaving 'till the kid's got a nice home. I didn't go through all this for nothing."

"And what makes you think you're welcomed here?"

Your cocked a brow at that question. Then, "Listen, I know we're not exactly... friends, but you don't have a choice. You kick me off the ship, I'm taking the kid with me. And you try to fight me for him—" you unhooked the lightsaber from your belt, presenting it in front of the Mandalorian. "—I'm still willing to use this."

He shook his head, seemingly not even the slightest bit intimidated by your threat. His helmet tilted upwards, visor then training on you as you hid away the saber on your waist. A crackle in his voice modulator indicated a reluctant sigh. Then, "Fine. You can stay temporarily. But in case you've forgotten, your laser sword can't do anything against beskar."

You scoffed, nearly laughed at his use of laser sword. "Yeah, but you still got some pretty vulnerable spots..." you paused, eyeing the datapad on the panel in front of you. Apparently, Mando had already set the coordinates for some unidentifiable planet you couldn't recognize. "Oh, we're not going... wherever that is. Set the coordinates for Corellia."

"But—"

"No buts." You held a finger up, hopefully shutting him up. "We're going."

"This is my ship, you can't just—"

"I just need to get the credits I left there, and we'll go. It's simple. Not a big deal." With that, you turned head off into the hull.

You smiled to yourself when you heard another sigh from the Mandalorian, then the sounds of him alternating the coordinates on his datapad.