Approval

Faye Calinao

"Ximen isn't going to like that at all," Meizuo frowned, crossing his arms. "You and Ah Si barely made up and now you're ready to piss off Ximen? What has gotten into you Lei?" Lei and I had walked from the back of the shop after I had returned to my normal state. He held my hand reassuring I would be alright and eventually guided me from the back where Meizuo, Shancai, and Xiaoyou were. Lei took my backpack and handed my phone to me. Meizuo stood looking between Lei and I.

"Do you have a better suggestion?" Lei spoke.

"Yes!" Meizuo spoke like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I stood slightly behind Lei, because he wanted to shield me from Meizuo's anger. I still had to talk to Meizuo about what happened. "Listen to Ximen and stay away from Faye! After all it was her decision to tell him everything! You're going to make this worse than it is if you think about taking her."

"Take me where?" I was confused and felt I had missed something. I missed the first part of their conversation. Meizuo looked towards me.

"He wants to take you to Paris. He's going to go see Jing. He has no business taking you with him. I know you weren't at Jings party yesterday, but she made the announcement to study law in Paris and she left for Paris this morning. Lei did not even show up at the airport to say goodbye."

"J-Jing left?" I questioned Lei. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. Why would he be here if she left? Lei turned towards me and shook his head.

"That is not what happened. I have already talked to Jing. Meizuo doesn't know the whole story. Jing wants to see you and I want to go there to make sure she settles in. There's nothing between Jing and I."

"You can't believe everything that comes out of Lei's mouth," Meizuo intervened. "He was heartbroken last night and he's using you."

"Stop putting things into her head Meizuo," Lei frowned. "I have always been honest with Faye."

"Taking her to Paris is unrealistic. You know Ximen will throw a fit or even worse do something he will regret."

"Lei," I spoke softly. He turned to me and his expression softened. "I don't think... Paris is a good idea," I spoke lightly. I could understand why Lei would want me to have a getaway, but at the same time Ximen would end my friendship and Lei has already confessed his love for Jing.

"What if Ximen agreed to letting you go?" Lei asked me. I heard a frustrated sigh from Meizuo. I would love to go back to Paris. I've only had great memories from my last visit.

"You're unbelievable," Meizuo mumbled. "He won't agree. Instead you're going to be punched in the face."

"Do you trust me Faye?" Lei asked gently. His face calm knowing he had this affect with me, especially since he had just helped me calm down. Do I really trust Lei? He seemed sure Ximen would agree even though I could not see it. Does Lei really want me to go to Paris with him? I nod slowly and he smiled before pulling me into a side hug. He continued to hold my hand.

"Faye..." Meizuo said. "Why are you agreeing to this? I know Ximen is mad, but this isn't the way. I know you like Lei, but this is unreasonable. Please... go back to the house and wait this out." I pulled away from Lei to see Meizuo with a frustrated look. Meizuo does not understand what I've gone through these few days... alone. Lei seemed to have a better understanding of how I felt and knew how my mental health is being affected. Lei was thinking of... me. I seemed to have more trust in Lei at the moment.

"Meizuo," I started off. "You don't understand..." Meizuo frowned. His arms were still crossed.

"How can I not understand? I want to protect you." I lowered my eyes and I felt Lei squeezing my hand. I continued to look down. "You don't need to go to Paris. Stay here and focus on your studies."