Worry

Faye Calinao

My phone vibrated and I glanced down to surpassingly see a message from Daoming Si. He must have figured out my passcode and put in his contact in before handing my phone back to me. Clearly he made sure to take my number. A cold chill went up my spine as I half listened to the conversation going on in the tea shop. Both Shancai and Xiaoyou had to return behind the counter.

Stress signals were going through me as I picked up my phone to see why he would send me a message.

The Magnificent Daoming Si: why is it when I'm trying to go to the tea shop, I find you there? I thought Ximen told you specificslly to stay away from us and anyone acquainted with us? This includes Shancai. Meet me outside the shop in ten minutes or I'm coming into the shop.

I closed my eyes shut feeling like I was trapped and a part of me inside was feeling cold. I couldn't face him today. Like many days in the past, I wasn't doing well and wanted to escape. I came here to break away from my draining and sad thoughts. Sitting here alone while Shancai and Xiaoyou worked was calming for me to get away from my loneliness and feel like I had some sort of purpose. I did not want Daoming Si to bully me or talk down on me. I really could not take it. I felt my heart beating against my chest and it was hard to remain calm, because I thought of the times of what had happened before. My finger went for Ximen's contact and I clicked on his contact to call him. I brought my phone to my ear feeling panicked Doaming Si will come in here and cause trouble.

What has Ximen told Meizuo and Lei as the days passed on? Are they frustrated or mad with me for avoiding them for every possible thing?

My phone continues ringing until it stops realizing I am brought to Ximen's voicemail. He really is not answering me? What if it was an emergency and I needed him? I can't believe he sent me straight to voicemail. I put my phone down and hugged myself as I began feeling stressed. My breathing has become uneven and I let out a shaky breath knowing my fear is clearly present. I'm going to pass out and cause a scene if I can't calm down. I looked towards Shancai and stood carefully making my way over to the counter.

"Sh-Shancai?" I spoke barely above a whisper. Xiaoyou had gone to the restroom and she was working behind the counter at the moment. She looked up and her eyes widened in shock before she left out a gasp.

"Faye?" Shancai asked worriedly and walked around the counter so she could be in front of me. "You don't look so great at all, what's wrong? What happened?"

"D-Do you h-have Lei's number?" I asked hoping she understood. Why of all days do I forget to bring my inhaler? It was stupid of me to leave the house sometimes without it.

"Of course! Do you need me to call him? I can do that right now," Shancai spoke worriedly and took her phone out to call him before I could respond. She carefully took my arm and led me towards the back of the shop so we could be away from the bright light. "You can sit here on this bench... Hi! Lei!" I wanted to look at Shancai, but I felt the air leaving my lungs once again and I felt the familiar constricting feeling of my chest finding it difficult to breathe.

Huaze Lei

"Hi! Lei!" I heard a panicked Shancai on the other end. I frowned slightly and I put the book I was reading back on the shelf. Meizuo looked towards me confused from my sudden movement.

"Shancai? What is going on?" I asked worriedly. Meizuo and I were in a bookstore browsing around, because Ah Si had left us and told us he had to do something. Now Meizuo and I were waiting for his return.

"S-she's not doing well. I don't understand what happened. She was fine just a few minutes ago and now she's panicking and having difficulty breathing. She asked me to call you." My mind pictured Faye... I immediately began for the exit of the bookstore. I knew she couldn't have been in here. I heard Meizuo calling out my name, but I had no time to explain to him what was going on.