Feng Residence Pt. 1

Huaze Lei

Come on in. One of the staff will let you in

My fingers rubbed my temple after an interesting day. Spending the morning with Faye was something I liked and she seemed to make the morning better for me. Her company was something that brought comfort and cleared my mind. Being with her reminded me of Jing. Sitting, eating, and talking with her reminded me of her.

While having breakfast together, I watched as she talked about her passion for music and her history of the violin. Faye was a very easy person to read. Her eyes widened slightly and her cheeks flushed when I complimented on her and she would shy away from what she was saying until I urged her on. The wine we had earlier, I had hoped to calm her and get her to relax while we were together. I knew when it did not come to jing, I was tense, quiet and could be cold when it came to other females. Seeing her enjoy breakfast left a tingling feeling with me.

The more I listened to her talk, I thought about yesterday in Ximen's home. She took my hand the moment I was getting up from the bed to see what the commotion was about. Her touch brought a tingling feeling through my fingers I could not quite explain. Her touch was cold and her blush had immediately said what she was trying to say as she pulled away and apologized. I wanted to say it was alright and I had the urge to take her hand again, but Ximen was coming in and I knew I had to keep a certain distance from her. I have observed enough that he is very protective of her and Meizuo mentioned once, that we were not to pursue her. That wasn't quite near in mind. Seeing I've only met her yesterday, she wasn't anything compared to the farmilarality of Jing.

It wasn't until after breakfast, I was helping Faye to clear the table when I received a voice message from Daoming Si that had put me in a sour mood. Faye must have sensed the change in my mood the moment we left the restaurant and suggested we go to the music store while we were close to the mall. Being out of focus while we started looking at music I felt guilty for denying every piece she suggested. We had to at least pick a few duet pieces together since we both already had our solo pieces picked out for the recital. I knew the moment she asked me if she had done something wrong, it meant I was being too quiet to myself and the wine was out of her system. I had to remember she wanted me to interact with her to show her that I was there with her. She wanted company.

The moment she had turned away from me and told me she would wait outside; leaving without much of a response from me, I felt unsure how to re approach her. I immediately took the pieces she had looked through and decided on one of them before looking for the violin part to match with her cello. Before making my way to pay for the piece, I received another voice message from Si to meet him at the meet up spot to discuss a few things. He was the reason I had been in a sour mood since leaving the restaurant and I wanted to speak my mind to him. A part of me wanted to defend Faye after seeing the interaction between Ximen and Si yesterday in class.

This left me more than in a sour mood after that knowing I should confront him. After running into a few classmates from school, Si called me asking for my presence immediately and we got into an argument before I ended the call feeling frustrated. Making my way over the tea shop, I stopped away from the entrance and noticed through the glass windows two people sitting at a small table in the tea shop.

My shoulder relaxed seeing Faye talking to the person who seemed to be working there. I looked towards the counter to see no one there. Faye seemed to be laughing at something the girl in front of her had said. From my perspective I could see she was feeling herself after leaving my side from the music store. I wanted to go in there and tell her we had to go, but I did not want to interrupt and ruin her mood once more for something I had to do. I texted Meizuo I had something urgent come up and told him where Faye was. I looked towards her once more seeing she didn't seem in danger, I left the mall to make my way back to the car.

Upon the arrival to the warehouse, where Si had told me he would be, I noticed from up ahead a to guys crowding a small figure. I remember seeing how upset Shancai was after coming to her rescue with those thugs. Seeing her covered in food gave me the indication Si had something he shouldn't have. Sitting next to her gave me a comforting feeling as we sat in silence for a while. She hugged her knees tightly looking defeated and I felt the need to comfort her to my best ability.

She may be a freshman, but Shancai seemed like a strong willed girl who isn't afraid of a challenge. Ximen, Meizuo, and I have enjoyed the small encounters with her when it came to Si. Seeing her now made me want to help her in any way I could, because I've always seen her with a positive attitude at school. She told me she was doing a delivery for her mother. When she arrived here, it was Si who made the big order and she told me about some of the things he told her before throwing one of the dishes her mom made at her. If it weren't for Si and his games, Shancai wouldn't have been in this terrible situation. The least I could do was give her my handkerchief to use and to talk to her. I tried my best to cheer her up and eventually I decided I'd deal with Si another time. I made sure to get Shancai home safely before making my way to Meizuo's. Ximen told me we would be gathering there tonight.

Here I am now in front of Meizuo's home. I stepped out into the warm night and locked the door to my car before walking further down the driveway to the stone built home. Approaching the main foyer door, it is opened by one of the staff and greets me. I nodded and walked into the foyer and took my shoes off before putting on the slippers I used for when I came here. I make my way down the hall to head for the living room. Almost instantly I can hear music playing from the living room and the sound of laughter. Turning into the living room, my eyes widen at the scene in front of me.

Faye sat on Meizuo's shoulders with a microphone on one hand and a beer bottle in the other. Meizuo held a microphone with a hand as he held onto Faye. He swayed back and forth as they sang at the top of their lungs, having it seem to me a wonderful time. I watched the two astonished at the sight of them reading the words on the screen. Meizuo seemed completely unaffected by the alcohol he consumed, but Faye on the hand...

There was an empty bottle of wine and a few empty beer bottles on the table. There were snacks also on the table. Even in her state of mind, her voice sounded beautiful while she sang. She's an amazing cellist and great singer. It amazes me how many different emotions she has shown in the last twenty four hours alone. When the song came to the end of the song, both of them burst into laughter. Meizuo looked up at her and she hugged herself slightly trying to hold herself upright from her laughing.

"I think you should come down now Faye," Meizuo chuckled.

"But I'm flying!" She beams and I let out a chuckle. How much did Meizuo allow her to drink tonight? Meizuo caught my presence.

"How much did you allow her to drink?" I asked him amused. Faye turned and looked over to where I stood and she smiled.

"Lei!" She calls out happily. "You're here!" I smile faintly wondering how long her happy state will last. It's nice to see her smiling. Meizuo carefully took a seat on the couch so she could get off of his shoulders. Meizuo had to protectively have hands out as he helped her off of the couch.

"She had about half the bottle of wine and this was her third bottle," Meizuo answered as he took the empty beer bottle from her hand. She pouted and Meizuo let out a chuckle. "How are you feeling Faye?" He asks her. I can see the two are bonding really well in the short time she has been here.

"I'm cold." She hugged herself and had a pouty expression. Her cuteness is something.

"I'll go find a blanket." Meizuo glanced towards me before leaving the living room. Faye seemed like she had enough energy to last her the rest of the night. She still hugged herself and I took off my coat on instinct and walked over to her. Once I stood in front of her, I carefully put the jacket around her shoulders. I took the mic from her hand so she could adjust my coat on her. She thanked me quietly and I frowned slightly in her change in energy. A moment ago, she was full of energy and greeting me. She swayed slightly and I brought a hand to her arm to help steady her. I helped her over to the couch and we sat down.

///

Thoughts?

Next update: Wednesday