My Handsome Bestfriends

Faye Calinao

His deep chuckle sent shivers through me and I smiled as he splashed water towards me. Both Meizuo and I have been in the water for ten minutes splashing around. He attempted to get close to me and bring me under.

"Meizuo!" I laughed and noticed a familiar figure coming towards us. I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind me and I gasp as I felt the two of us falling back into the water. I shut my eyes and took a drop breath before hitting the water's surface. The cool water hit my skin. My back was against Meizuo's back and I felt him pulling me close to him. Once we resurfaced, playfully I pushed his chest. He had this look of satisfaction.

"Ximen is here," Meizuo says lightly and I turned to see my best friend putting down a bag on the sand. I looked towards Meizuo before giving me a reassuring smile. The both of us made our way out of the water and towards our best friend. Once we were close enough he turned towards us with a questioning look.

"I can't believe you two left without me," Ximen mumbled. I smiled walking up to him and wrapped my arms around. "Faye! You're soaked!" He exclaimed. He tried to hide his smile, but he failed miserably. "Why did you two walk so far along the boardwalk to get into the water? You could have walked across the street. I turned to Meizuo and he took a quick glance towards me before looking at Ximen.

"Faye and I wanted to walk down the boardwalk before we ate," Meizuo spoke. "It's a beautiful day for a walk." I unwrapped my arms from Ximen and looked up to see him. He seemed relaxed to see his two closest friends.

...

There was a knock at the door and I called out for them to come in. I was sitting in front of the mirror. My brush, makeup and other jewelry spread out on the table. The door opened and slowly a head peeked in. It took me a moment to realize both Jing and Shancai walking into the.

"Whoa," I heard a gasp from Shancai. "You're so pretty!" Her positive and radiant tone made me smile at the mirror as I put in my earrings.

"Thank you Shancai," I spoke softly. I turned around to face them and slowly stood feeling a bit shy. "I never introduced myself, Faye Calinao," I smiled kindly at the freshman and I put my hand out. She kindly accepted and we shook hands. Jing smiled between the two of us.

"You look stunning Faye," Jing said softly. "How did Ximen and Meizuo get the wonderful opportunity to go out on a date with you?" She was referring to the first day we met and I felt my cheeks warming.

"I'm wondering how I became lucky to go out on a date with them."

"You're a wonderful girl Faye. Ximen and Meizuo are excited to be taking you out tonight. We must get pictures downstairs. They're both waiting downstairs for you." I nod as I reach for my Clutch purse and putting my phone inside and quickly out on my heels before nervously following Jing and Faye out of the room. They would soon be getting ready for the party tonight on the beach.

The three of us walked out into the hall heading towards the living room where I could hear music playing from the living room and chatted. Both Jing and Shancai went into the living and I stopped for a moment to take a deep breath. I slowly turned the corner. I saw Jing and Shancai standing nearby, Ximen and Meizuo stood by the piano having a conversation. Lastly, there was Lei who was at the piano. It was the brief moment I walked in when Lei looked towards me and stopped playing the piano. Ximen looked to Lei before looking over to where he was staring and saw me. Meizuo turned in my direction and smiled warmly once we made eye contact.

Both Ximen and Meizuo were in their fancy suits. Ximen wore a plain back tie and white top underneath the vest. Meizuo, on the other hand, was matching my sky blue dress. The two both had looked towards me in astonishment. I looked directly to Meizuo to see he was blown away by my appearance. Both Ximen and Meizuo made their way over to me while the other three people in the room watched.