Happy Birthday Faye!

Faye Calinao

A knock sounded from my room and I called for who was outside. I looked away from my music as the door opened to see I believe all the members of Astro members minus Lee all in their sleepwear coming in looking very excited and giddy.

"Happy birthday Faye!" San Ha was the first to greet me. A chorus of greetings filled the room and I smiled at their kind gesture of greeting me at what must now be midnight.

"And Merry Christmas Eve!!" I believe Moonbin said to me.

"Thank you guys," I spoke lightly. My heart throbbed in pain at Lei's behavior earlier. My excitement and burst of energy no longer existed as I now felt I was trouble to him. I put my cello on its side and stood and walk over to them towards the center of the room. I first hugged San Ha before hugging each and one of them.

"You're still practicing so late?" Rocky questioned.

"Yeah," I smiled faintly. "I thought to calm myself to practice for a little while." I would have loved to be spending the time with Lei, but he continued to show he did not want to get too close with me.

"Well..." Moonbin smiled. "We have a surprise for you."

"Waiting for you downstairs," Jin commented.

"Okay," I spoke lightly and they gestured for me to go. I led the way down the hallway leading towards the front foyer. Commotion seemed to be going on in the living room and I turned the corner.

A soft bark sounded and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. A puppy was in Ximen's arms and I could tell he had a questioning look of uncertainty as he looked over towards me and he smiled at me.

"Happy birthday Faye," Ximen greeted and I slowly walked over to him in shock as he was holding a golden retriever puppy.

"Y-you..." I questioned him, feeling so grateful to be surprised in this way. "You adopted a puppy?"

"We did," Ximen spoke calmly. "You and I are both the owners." I looked at the adorable golden retriever and smiled as it looked towards me. "Do you want to hold him?" I nod as I put my arms up and Ximen carefully passes our puppy over to me. I look down at him in my arms feeling warm and bubbly. I noticed Lee here smiling at me as I met my new puppy. I looked at Ximen wondering what his name was.

"Have you named him?" Ximen shook his head.

"I've waited for both of us to agree on a name." I nodded and leaned forward to kiss Ximen's cheek. The whole room erupted into awe and realized some of the boys were taking photos of everything going on.

"Cha's turn!" San Ha beamed. Ximen rolled his eyes before smiling and looking at Lee. I myself turned to Lee and realized he held a guitar. Not noticing this before, I felt very excited about what he was performing.

"Happy birthday Faye," Lee greeted.

"Thank you," I smiled once again for their thoughtfulness.

"I think we will have you sit down for the performance." I nodded and looked towards the boys who made way for me to walk over one of the couches to take a seat. I let the puppy rest on my lap as I saw her anxiously wondering what he would be performing. "This is a song I hope you will enjoy. It's a song I wrote for one of the unreleased episodes for the show. I hope you like it," Lee said and my heart melted. He was doing this for me. He began strumming his guitar and the familiar tune to Lee's sneak peak solo.

He must have had to ask permission of the producers to perform this song today for me when the episode wouldn't be released until the new year. I continued to watch and listen and perform the song trying to imagine what could be occurring in the episode. Once Lee finished his performance, everyone cheered for him and Ximen took our puppy from my hands as I stood up. I walked over to Lee and hugged him thank him several times for his gift.