Farewell

Huaze Lei

A tired sigh sounded from Ximen as he put the car in park. Ximen turned around to look back at Faye resting her head on my lap. He then looked at me unsure whether this was a great idea or not. We were parked in the garage of the airport to see Faye off. Faye fell asleep possibly an hour ago once we went to get her luggage from my room and put it into Ximen's car.

"She'll be fine," I spoke directly to Ximen.

"She... just went to sleep. We can't let her get on this flight alone."

"Faye is sober enough to go. She's going to be alright. We've already made these plans for her."

"That was before I knew she was going to be out all night and have drinks."

"Faye is a young adult. She can take care of herself when it comes to these decisions." I knew Ximen was always worried for her. No matter what the situation was between them, Ximen always seemed to be concerned for Faye when something wasn't right. I've always wondered if Ximen had ever had a crush on Faye or the other way around.

"I know... Maybe one of us should go with her."

"We have already agreed to take Shancai and Xiaoyou to the cabins. She made it here safely from the states when she first arrived and now she has a short stop in Seoul to meet with Lee and his friends. She won't be riding the plane entirely alone for long."

"A week and a half seems long to be without her. Don't you think?"

"I do, but I know she has been waiting to see her family and spend time with all of the Astro members. Faye is going to have plenty of time with me once we're back here and even after graduation." Ximen gave me a knowing look indicating we shouldn't discuss anything in this subject with Faye present.

"Hmm... We should start heading in though. She needs to get checked in." I nod as I looked down to see a peaceful Faye sleeping. Ximen took his keys out before getting out of the car. Carefully, I reach for her arm before leaning down to kiss her forehead. I watched as she stirs slightly from her sleep and it took a moment before a small yawn escaped her lips. Momentarily after her eyes opened looking up at me and a tired smile formed on her lips. The back of the trunk opened where Ximen began to take out her things.

"Hi," she spoke lightly. I smiled down at her. "We're here?" I hummed and she sat up slowly. I took my seatbelt off getting out of the car making my way over to her side. I opened the door and helped her out.

"Feeling alright?" I asked her. She nodded and yawned. Her eyes squeezed shut for a split moment and she swayed slightly making me react to reach toward her. I've learned she sometimes loses her balance when she is tired and is not quite focused. Having her in my arms, her eyes opened once her yawn was complete.

"I'm okay. I am going to miss you though." Her lower lip is pushed out into a pouting. From her expression, I knew she was trying to avoid her sadness for us parting very soon.

"What about me?" Ximen asked and I looked over to Ximen to see him starting at Faye. "Will I be missed?" Faye smiled sheepishly at Ximen and nodded before making her way towards him. I followed behind knowing their friendship now wasn't the same. Faye was being accepting towards Ximen knowing he has been her closest friend for a very long time and wanted to return to normal, but her return here has caused some damage. Ximen and I both know Faye hasn't fully forgiven him. She instead continued to be with her research friends and I.

"Of course I will," Faye spoke and she let go of me fully to hug her childhood best friend. Observing her, I could tell she was a bit hesitant. Hopefully one day she will be comfortable around Ximen again. "I'll be thinking of you both." Ximen smiled as she handed her cello over to her. I took her carry-on bag and Ximen took her luggage before closing the trunk.