Truth Pt 2

Feng Meizuo

It wasn't expected of me to have her know about my crush on her. The way she smiled, her kindness, her personality had a magnifying pull for me to want to become closer to her. She has a loving personality. The way she viewed things I could tell she has patience, devotion, and compassion. My emotions for her intensified for her the first night she arrived. I couldn't quite grasp how I haven't met a girl like her before.

It concerned me when I saw her for the first time in tears and I wanted to take any suffering she was feeling. I never felt that way before until now. She wasn't like the other girls I would take on dates or go to the bars with. It concerned me personally, because Ximen told me specially that we could not date her. Seeing the pain her eyes wanted me to pull her close to me. I wanted nothing more to tell her I liked her and I could be the person she can trust.

It was Jing who I spoke with earlier and I found out Lei was backing out of his feelings for Faye. He was denying his thoughts and feelings for her, because he was being stubborn with his love for her. She knows Lei will eventually realize what he has done. Jing had already called me out on my feelings towards Faye in private. I told Jing I couldn't pursue Faye and she asked me to make Faye happy if it were possible. I knew Jing was only trying to help the situation, but I wasn't sure how Faye would feel about this. Ximen would only do something he would regret if he ever found out about any of this.

It wasn't meant for Faye to ever find out I liked her. I on the other hand am interested in her, but I wasn't sure how it would work. I haven't talked to Faye about it either or how she is feeling now that she knows. We walked down the board walking making distance between the rented house and us. She still held my hand in silence as I pulled her further away from our current situation. She has been silent the entire time we left the house. It wasn't until I felt satisfied with the distance we were in that I slowly came to a stop and I looked towards the beach trying to figure out how I was going to explain this to Ximen's best friend. She must be confused and curious.

She continued to hold my hand as she slowly leaned against the railing and faced me. I noticed she looked unsure, but there wasn't much sign of stress. She looked down at our hands before hesitantly letting go. She was waiting for me to say something. How can I possibly explain this to her? She likes Lei. He is her type.

"Faye," I let out a sigh and knew I had to be careful of my words. She's sensitive. "I hope this doesn't weird you out too much." My tone sounded concerned for her and she smiled faintly before shaking her head.

"Is... it true?" She asked. I nod and I folded my arms as I stood in front of her.

"I do like you. Though, Lei was right when he said Ximen wouldn't settle well with the idea of any of us dating you. He specifically told us you were off limits when you arrived."

"It probably has to do with my traumatizing history with Daoming Si," she spoke quietly now.  I frowned wondering what happened. "He never liked me from a very young age," she answers my questionable expression. "I'm not sure what he has against me, but Ximen first introduced me to him, because he first wanted to introduce me to each of you individually. When I was younger, I was always made fun of for how I talked. I had a childhood-onset fluency disorder from a really young age. Ximen was the first person who gave me a chance."

I noticed this wasn't something she talked to anyone about. I'm sure this was hard for her to share this information all at once.

"At first when I met Ximen, I thought he would immediately make fun of me like the other kids would. Instead, he offered a coloring book to me so we colored together." Faye smiled at the memory and I smiled thinking of a very young Faye and Ximen together. "He told me I would be his best friend from that day on."