Astro Members (Part 2)

Faye Calinao

"Jin!" I laughed and tried to cover my face as the flour hit my arm. After a moment I pulled my arm away to see Jin and Lee chuckling away. They stood across the island from me as I attempted to make a late brunch for everyone. Jin, Lee, and I were in the kitchen of the guesthouse while the rest of the members were sleeping for the few hours we have been here. Once arriving at the house, I took everyone to the guesthouse knowing my siblings would be waking for school soon. Jin and Lee decided they would go grocery shopping with me while my father went back to work after meeting us at the airport and to drop off my vehicle.

"Leave her be," Lee chuckled and walked over to me. He had a paper towel in hand and approached me. I looked up towards him, putting the spoon down. He smiled sheepishly as he used the paper towel to wipe the side of my face. Feeling nervous, I tried to hold my breath as I looked up at Lee wiping the flour off of me.

The thoughts of the other night with Yu Yin and Tu Mo automatically came and I felt myself growing nervous. Lee has always been a celebrity crush. Not only his beautiful face, but he had many talents and was a genuine person. I mentally shake myself out of my thoughts knowing this wasn't right. I refocused on Lee and he took a step back slightly and smiled.

"Are you alright Faye?" Lee asked.

"Hmm?" I asked, trying to cover up my daze. "Yes. I'm fine," I answered. "Thank you." I picked up the spoon again and Lee gently took the spoon from me and I looked towards him.

"You should rest for a little bit. You have done a lot already since we've arrived. I can finish the rest of the pancakes."

"I can set up the table," Jin volunteers and I looked between the both of them.

"You're the guest," I said, feeling guilty.

"And you're our host," Lee said, smiling sheepishly. "You're doing much for us already. We don't mind helping out once in a while."

"You take a seat and we'll continue everything," Jin said, picking up the plates. I nodded and took a seat on the stool watching the two of them. It did not take long for Jin to set everything onto the table and Lee had no problem finishing up the pancakes. They worked together and soon the table was set for seven. "I'll let everyone know breakfast is ready," Jin spoke and left the kitchen before I could respond.

Taking my phone, I took a bowl of strawberries before making my way into the dining area. Placing the fruits on the table, I looked around the familiar dining and living room area. The fireplace was giving warmth and a wood scent. The bare Christmas tree stood by the window waiting to be decorated. The Christmas tree I would be decorating with everyone tonight.

The guesthouse felt like... home.

The sound of many footsteps coming down the stairs indicated they were all up and ready to eat. Once they were here in the dining and living area, their conversations filled the air. I turned slightly to see MJ as the first to enter following the rest of the boys.

"Faye!" Sanha beamed.

"Hmm, food looks delicious," Moonbin commented. The rest of the crew agreed and waited for me to pick my seat at the table. Lee sat beside me and Sanha on my other side. The boys look over to me waiting for me to be the first to get food. After grabbing everything I wanted on my plate the boys started passing the plates and bowls around.

"Thank you for going out and making us food Faye," Rocky spoke as we all began eating. The others agreed with him realizing I was the center of attention.

"Yes, you're the best!" MJ comments.

"You're all too kind," I smiled shyly and took my first piece for my pancake.

"She's so cute," Jin chuckled and I looked over to him feeling my cheeks heat. "I remember the days of freshman Faye in New York City. She's so smart and talented." The boys and I listened to Jin tell his times when he met me at a particular spot almost everyday after my rehearsals.

During our time at the table, I shared their first experience of discovering my existence. Not only did they want me to feel relaxed around them, but they made me a part of their conversation as if I've always been a part of their group. They talked about how they felt when they found out they were going to meet me for the first time. Ximen and Lei reached out to Lee about my winter break in Canada.

It was Lee's idea to include the rest of Astro with my permission before going on with planning the trip and deciding to stay with me. Not minding I'd be around a group of my kpop idols for about two weeks, I had the opportunity to really get to know each of them as I showed them around.

"We're happy to be here taking a break after the tour," MJ commented once we were all coming to a finish with our breakfast. "Thank you for allowing us to stay with you during your break."

"We really appreciate you taking us in," Rocky says. "And we also get to finally meet you in person by spending the holidays with you."

"Do you know how to ice skate?" Sanha asked. Everyone turned towards him like that was a dumb question. Each of their expressions makes me laugh lightly.

"Sanha," Moonbin spoke first. "What kind of question is that? Of course she'd know how to."

"She has lived in Canada for a chunk of her life. There is probably a small percentage of Candaian residents who don't know how to skate." They're very eager to go ice skating. "Right Faye?"

///

Lots of laughter and pushing around as we all went around in circles of the ice rink. We had the rink to ourselves inside of the centre. After our mixed breakfast and lunch, I decided to take everyone to the mall to ice skate indoor.

Lee and I have been watching from a distance to rest for a moment. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their time here. After we planned to eat at a restaurant before doing some shopping. Some of the guys wanted to do some last minute shopping for the holidays.

"She has been amazing," Lee spoke and I looked between him and Lei on my phone screen.

His fluffy hair indicated he was sleeping not too long ago, but we received a call from him meaning he wanted to see me since my arrival. Lee and I could tell Lei was tired. I knew he worried for my trip him and wanted to fully make sure I was alright. Hopefully he'll have a good nights rest after the call.

"I miss her very much. Please watch over her," Lei spoke and Lee nodded. "Don't break anything ice skating." I smiled at Lei's demands.

"Very demanding today Lei," I spoke.

"I don't want to disappoint your mother if we can't give her our private concert." I smiled at him in awe wondering how lucky to have Lei. "And... I won't be able to take you ice skating if you've injured yourself."

"I'll be careful." Seeing him smile through the screen continued to make me my heart beat fast for him.

"I'll let you get back to having fun. I'll talk to you again."

"Soon." He agreed before we said our goodbyes. Putting my phone away afterwards, I looked to Lee to see him patiently waiting for me.

"Shall we?" He asked indicating for us to join the rest of the group. He held his arm out for me to take and I nod. I wrapped my arm around his as we skate together towards the center.