Feng Residence Pt. 2

Early update 💛

Huaze Lei

"I want to tell you something," Faye says after we sat down on the couch. She stared directly into my eyes and I could see, she wasn't quite focused like she usually was. Her tone indicated something was bothering her. I shifted slightly on the couch unsure where this was going.

"Is it smart to say what you have to tell me if you're not going to remember what you tell me tomorrow?" I questioned her. There wasn't any way she was going to wake up completely fine in the morning. I think Meizuo underestimated how much she could take.

"It's more of a reason to tell you, because I would never say anything." Her tone was light and she let out a small sigh.

"It's not wise to tell me anything under the influence of Faye."

"I don't need your approval Lei," She frowned. "You've already upset me enough today." These were the drinks giving her courage to speak.

"I've upset you?" I questioned.

"You can't just have breakfast with me smiling having a great time and the next you're giving me the cold shoulder."

"I told you earlier you did nothing wrong."

"That's not the point. I felt abandoned when you continued looking at music then telling those freshman I was referred as 'just a classmate and acquaintance'," She air quoted.

"You make it sound like I'm your boyfriend Faye. You are a classmate of mine and we are acquainted. What is wrong with that?" I was starting to feel frustrated with where this conversation was going and it has barely started.

"The way you said it!" Her tone now gave away she was frustrated with me. I was doing a great job keeping her calm. "Not to mention I waited for you for almost an hour at the tea shop and you never showed up. How could you leave me there at the mall and not tell me yourself you were leaving? You had Meizuo come and couldn't have left a simple message." I would not be surprised if the staff in the kitchen could hear our argument. Where was Meizuo with the blanket?

"I know you're sensitive Faye, but really?" She took my coat off her shoulders and shoved it at me. She stood and I looked at her confusingly at her behavior. "You seem completely fine with Meizuo and his company. He can be a flirt and I'm sure you're oblivious to it. How can you not see that Faye?"

"I don't care about that! I am talking about us." I noticed a part of her wanted to hide and it was the alcohol that continued to allow her to speak. "You're allowed to tease me and knowing what you say makes me blush, but then you choose to ignore it and go on to not say anything?"

"For someone who I just met less than seventy two hours ago, isn't this a bit strange to mention this? I was being polite and did not want you to feel embarrassed. I'll make sure to never compliment you then. Clearly it was a mistake to compliment a girl, if you're going to act like this. If you remembered this very conversation in the morning, I'm sure you'll feel very embarrassed this happened. Then our recital together would be jeopardized , because you want to talk about something that shouldn't be talked about. I'm not Ximen and I don't know you well enough to know your flaws, but telling someone you barely know you have a crush after they tell you they want to try and be friends isn't appropriate," I finished.

Faye Calinao

My arms hugged myself, because I felt humiliated for thinking this was a great idea at all. Meizuo had gone to his room, because earlier I had asked him if I could talk to Lei alone. At first Meizuo was hesitant about the whole thing, but eventually agreed to it, because he knew I wanted to clear the atmosphere with Lei. Instead, it made things worse for me, because Lei had no idea I was sober enough to remember all of this. I didn't have the courage to tell him I've had a crush on him since senior high school and that I was his stand partner for a year where I was invisible.