Moody

Hauze Lei

Her head rested against my chest as I let out a worried sigh. The thermometer reading 102.3, I knew she needed to rest. Something wasn't right when I felt her head a while ago and her coughs started sometime around four this morning. I had a feeling she may have caught a cold after walking around for a while in her wet clothes. Her body shook slightly each time she coughed and I noticed she was shaking.

If only I had brought extra clothes for her or had gone straight to buy new clothes for her she would be alright now. I purchased medication while we were out in case she caught a cold. My arms were wrapped around her, holding her close to me as I attempted to my best ability to keep her warm under the blankets.

"Faye," I spoke to her softly. "I'll be back in a moment."

"Stay here," I heard her mumble and I smiled tiredly. I could tell by her tone she was feeling unwell.

"I'm going to get you your cough medicine. Do you want anything to eat? Do you want water or juice?" She covered her mouth with her arm before looking up at me. She blinked a few times and she had a sad expression.

"I'll go with you," she said lightly. I nod and she sat up slowly. I was able to get out of the bed and I held my hand out for her to take. From the way she looked, I was concerned. She took my hand getting out of the bed and made our way to the kitchen.

Taking things slow for her we made it into the kitchen. She went over to the stool and took a seat. I walked over to the cabinet to take a glass and went for the fridge to take our orange juice for her. Pouring the juice for her, I walked over to hand the glass and reached over to take the cough medicine. I poured the medicine into the small plastic cup and handed it over.

"Thank you Lei. I'm sorry for keeping you awake."

"It's alright Faye," I smiled and reassured it's okay. "No worries. What's important is for you to get better." She nodded and took the cough liquid in one sip. I watched as her expression scrunched from the taste. I laughed lightly and she looked towards me with a pout.

"Not funny. It was gross."

"But it will help you sleep and feel better." I walked over to her and put my arms around her.

"You're going to get sick being around me."

"I don't care," I smiled sheepishly and continued to have my arms around her. I wanted to be close to her. She took a sip of her orange juice and I waited for her to finish the glass before deciding to head back into the bedroom. Going back to her room I helped her into bed.

"Thank you Lei." She smiled up at me before yawning. I nod and looked towards the table to see my favorite home showing a text message from the one person I have been waiting for.

"I have to make a call. I'll be back in a little while. Please rest Faye," I spoke giving her a knowing look that she may wait for me to come back. She nods and I took my phone off the table before making my way out of the bedroom. I went to the living room where I left my laptop. Faye and I have been doing our rehearsals and schoolwork in the living room.

Sitting in my usual spot, I went onto my computer to do a Skype call knowing he was waiting for my call. Connecting through he appeared and he sat from his end with a look of disapproval. Remaining my calm and expressionless self I stared back at him expecting this from him.

"Lei," Ah Si spoke with a hint of anger.

"Ah Si," I answered back.

"Why?"

"I like her."

"Of all the girls... you choose her?" I frowned slightly and folded my arms.

"What do you have against her? You had no right to upset her the other day." He rolled his eyes and looked away from the camera.