Truth Pt 1

Faye Calinao

"My beautiful and wonderful best friend," I heard Ximen attempting to sing and I groaned slightly as I felt him getting onto the bed and wrapping his arms around me. I felt him kiss my head gently before resting his chin on my shoulder. "Wake up."

"Let me sleep for another hour," I sighed tiredly. My mind was slipping back and forth from being awake to my dream. We arrived in Sanya an hour and a half ago and we were brought to the villa Daoming Si rented out for the weekend. Once we arrived, everyone went to their rooms to unpack and I went to my room to sleep.

"You slept at Lei's, the airport, on the plane, and I allowed you to sleep here for an hour. Everyone is changing into their swimwear and heading to the yacht to explore a bit."

"I don't want to go," I whined to my best friend and turned over so he would get off of me and I put my arm around him to snuggle. I could hear a chuckle from him. "I'm still recovering."

"Should I stay then?" Ximen was on his back and I had my head on his chest. He began massaging my head.

"No, you can go. I'll be ready to hangout when you come back. I promise."

"Promise?" I hummed in response. "You, me, and Meizuo are going to the beach, alright?"

"That sounds great to me," I smile sheepishly. "And later when we're all snuggling together, I want you to massage my head like this."

"Your requests are very different from the girls I go on dates with," Ximen chuckles.

"I'm not any girl," I smiled. "I'm your best friend who you chose to stick with."

"Hmm... I agree to that. There's no one who can replace you." We both heard commotion from downstairs and I sighed tiredly knowing Ximen would have to get up. "Don't start any trouble while we're gone."

"Ha.. ha. Very funny. I would be telling you that." I slowly lifted myself from Ximen's chest so he could get up. I plopped back onto the pillow and I heard someone coming in.

"Is Faye not going?" I heard Meizuo ask Ximen.

"No, she's still tired it seems. We'll go to the beach with her when we get back." I heard a hum before I heard them heading out the door. I turned over and went back to sleep.

...

My body was telling me it was time for me to get up and eat something. I wasn't sure I had slept after Ximen and Meizuo left the room. I rolled onto my side and squinted as I reached for my phone to check the time.

2:45pm

Wonderful. I've missed breakfast and lunch. I wasn't so sure if there would be food in the kitchen and I wasn't quite comfortable taking food knowing it wasn't mine. I slowly got out of bed and walked over to my luggage and found a pair of shorts and t-shirt to go along with my swimsuit to have underneath. I knew the moment Ximen and Meizuo were back, they would take me to the beach, which was right across the street.

Quickly changing, I took my converse out to put on and took my purse before making my way out of the room and found myself walking right into the kitchen. The place seemed quiet. They must not be back yet. The kitchen was huge. There's definitely enough room for the three of us to bake later. I realized I would have to find a grocery store to get the ingredients. I walked through the doors of the kitchen to see the patio where there was a table and a view of the beach. I walked over to the gate and opened it. I closed the gate and turned around letting out a gasp seeing someone right in front of me so suddenly.

They looked up from their phone and I realized it was Meizuo. It seemed there was something on his mind, but he quickly covered his expression with confusion to see me.