Finding Faye

•Last Chapter•

Faye Calinao

"Faye?" I heard on the other end of the phone and I closed my eyes shut painfully as I continued to control the continuing heartthrob I felt feeling embarrassed and heartbroken. "It's three in the morning there, is everything alright?" It took a few minutes to switch my brain to Chinese.

My mind was telling me to not tell Ximen right away because he'd only hurt Lei and if I called Lee, he'd be panicked, stricken to rush to get to where I was and could cause an accident by being woken up so early on Christmas Day. I already felt like a burden making this phone call.

"Gu Weiyi," I shakily spoke into the phone feeling like I could burst into tears. Hearing curses on the other end, I knew he had his suspicions. "H-he broke up with me," I spoke and hugged my knees as I held onto the phone. I woke up to the empty cabin left alone. Lei left me here alone without a final goodbye. "I don't understand why he's putting me through this." I felt abandoned. I've always disliked this feeling.

"Faye..." A worried Weiyi started before continuing on. "Are you alone?"

"He left me here alone. I-I just needed to talk. I didn't want to wake anyone and start a fight."

"I'm sorry he did this to you."

"I-I wish I never met him," I trembled. "I wish Ximen never introduced me to any of his friends."

"Faye, please don't say that."

"Why would he do this suddenly?" Weiyi continued to listen to me rant for hours about everything until I realized the sun was beginning to rise. My talk had gone on about the time he arrived for the few days leading up until the break up. I questioned what could have happened in the small time span we were away from each other when we were perfectly fine in Shanghai.

"It's his loss Faye," Weiyi responded after a moment of finding the right words. "Any guy would be lucky to date you. Maybe give him some time and see where you both end up. You and Lei are Ximen's closest friends. You're both doing a recital together."

"Having to prepare with him..." I sighed. I let my fingers comb my hair realizing it's officially Christmas morning. "I should head back to the house." Weiyi's concerned expression was enough to know he was thinking about my encounter with everyone.

"Maybe it may be best to call Ximen and Cha to go to where you are."

"I... don't want to explain to them why I'm like this."

"Just... drive carefully, alright? Call or text when you arrive at the house."

"It should be about an hour." I nod getting out of bed. Everything was already packed in the small duffle. In a matter of a few minutes I was dressed.

"Careful driving," Weiyi spoke and I said my goodbye before ending the call. Taking my duffle, I locked the cabin before walking over to the owners who owned the two cabins and went over to my jeep.

Waiting for the jeep to heat up, I closed my eyes. Taking a few shaky breaths. For whatever reason Lei wanted to part, I knew I had to continue on. He has been someone who has helped through quite a lot of my own personal issues and taught me things. I couldn't be mad towards him, but I couldn't emotionally feel upset and sad, like I've done something wrong.

Being able to still spend my entire birthday with him was thoughtful of him knowing what he was going to do. He made me happy yesterday. I hope things will be bearable once we return to campus. Already on the way back to the house, I turned on the radio to break the silence.

Lightly to myself, I sang along to what played on the radio. The surrounding trees were completely covered in snow. The pretty sight of fluffy snow. Being home for the break was a good decision. It felt reassuring to be in a familiar environment I have been around for the past six years.