Chapter 52

"They were trying to get outside so they could get fresh air and search for you by looking through windows. Then they disappeared." Mi-sun said with a still husky voice. That did not give me very much information, but I didn't say that. I didn't want to make her get even more scared and anxious than she already was.

"But then they should be outside somewhere. They couldn't have gone inside again when seeing the smoke. They would understand it would kill them, right?" I said my thoughts out loud and Mi-sun nodded. "But as we search, we must stay away from the people since we don't know their intention."

"Yes." Mi-sun sighed.

"If the princes are searching for us and we are searching for them, it shouldn't be too hard to find them." I said in an attempt to make me get more hope.

"Let's go that way then since the people are coming closer." Mi-sun suggested and pointed at the opposite direction from the loud shouts and screams. "It's east."

We started walking and our eyes were constantly searching for something moving that could be a possible danger. I felt no pain in my body as we walked, I was more focused than ever. I was even more concentrated now compared to when I had dressed up as a guard and sneaked into the king's office.

"Um, can I ask something?" I questioned.

"Mhm." Mi-sun mumbled absent since she was so focused on everything around us. We were walking beside the walls of the backside of the castle and we would soon reach one of the gardens. There was no need to be afraid that someone would notice us through the windows. They had been destroyed by the fire or smoke was covering the sight. Since it was burning everywhere now, it wasn't as dark outside as it would have been. I had no clue what the time was, but it was probably soon midnight.

"I was wondering about the queen... What happened to her? She was swollen and then she just... died." I asked and the scene got repeated in my head. How they shot Philo in his head and how his innocent body fell on the ground. How his blood spread over the floor and how hatred spread in my body. How the swollen queen glared at me and how she grinned at the sight. How froth was coming out from her mouth and how she fell dead on the floor. It was the most horrible thing I have ever experienced. I doubt that the king had found her. He had probably rushed somewhere and hid in some secret chamber not caring about anyone else than himself.

"She died?" She asked. "How?"

"That is what I am wondering too. Did you see her red, swollen face and body?"

"Yes... The thing is that it...." Mi-sun scrunched her eyebrows.

"Wait..." She suddenly said. She threw herself on the ground and dragged me with her. I looked up and saw the brick wall that was surrounding the garden. We were by the hole, where I met Gi.

"You see that?" She said and pointed slightly to the left, above the brick wall. I could see people, but only from their shoulders and up, but it was enough for me to understand what was going on. Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi and Jin were standing with their hands up in the air and their faces and clothes were covered in dirt. They were not wearing their costumes anymore, only white shirts and pants. Their hair was messy and they looked scared as hell, with shaking hands and heads tilting forward, making them look weak.

"Shit." I mumbled. "Can we go closer?"

"Yes, but carefully. Follow me."

I did as she told me, I trusted her just as much as trusted myself in this moment. We crawled along the wall towards the hole and stopped right in front of it. We peeked in our heads and saw it even clearer.

"It is not guards that are threatening them." I said, more to myself than to her. What I could see was not tall, muscular men in uniforms that protected the king and queen. What I saw was about fifteen citizens with torches and spears in their hands. Their clothes was dirty and ripped at several places and they pointed their spears right at the five princes that was surrounded by them, completely helpless.