Chapter 46

Two days left to the speech.

This day it was cold outside, but the sun was still shining so bright that the guards had to cover the windows in the castle that the king and queen passed since the sun dazzled them. Mi-sun dressed me in a pair of black baggy jeans along with a cute, light pink knitted sweater with large buttons on it. The queen didn't mention it, but I could clearly see it in her gaze that she did not like the jeans I was wearing. She wanted me to wear pretty dresses or skirts. Actually, an hour after breakfast, Mi-sun called for me and changed my outfit into a black dress along with the light pink sweater. The queen had definitely spoken to her and that made me furious.

However, I had more important issues to take care of than the outfit I was wearing. As I decided last night, I must tell the princes about the speech. My bad conscience is too strong to keep it a secret. I had told them that I needed to speak to them all after breakfast, so we all gathered in the garden on the left side of the castle since it was so pretty outside. The problem was though that there were too many guards outside that would for sure hear our conversation.

Reluctantly we walked inside again and instead gathered in the balcony made out of glass, like we always do. However, it was too hot in there because of the strong sun reflecting on the glass so we left again. All this waiting made my nervousness and anxiety grow and I began to doubt and overthink. I think they noticed it since they glanced at me all the time until we finally had found a place to be, the library. They showed me a place in there I've never been in before that I didn't even know existed. It was furthest into the library on the first floor. It was shelves to the right and left but in between them there was a space with windows covering the whole wall. The pretty thing about this place was that it was placed almost on the edge of the hill that the castle was located on so even if we only were at the first floor, it still felt like we were high up in the sky.

We leaned against the shelves that, to my surprise, stood still. In front of me sat Yoongi, Jin, Jimin and Hoseok while Jungkook, Taehyung and Namjoon sat beside me. I sat in the corner closest to the window. They looked at me, waiting for me to begin like they always do when we have such serious meetings.

"I was wondering about something..." My mouth immediately got dry since the thought of saying it scared me, just like I felt when I told them the two secrets.

"What is it?" Jimin tilted his head and pulled his hand through his hair. Even though he was sitting in front of me a bit far away I could still smell the nice scent coming from his hair as he touched it.

"I think it's right to tell you this, so I will , even though it's hard."

I saw how they all got more serious after I had said that, and their already intense gazes only became worse and made me get even more nervous. Therefore, I spoke quickly to get over with it but also so they wouldn't have the time to talk back.

"I'm going to tell the people of this country about the two secrets during my speech. If we don't tell them now, there will be a time when the king and queen find out that you know, that I know, that my parents know, and that Philo knows. The inhabitants are still living poorly and under terrible conditions and even if I'm a princess, I'm still a part of it and I want to do everything I can to make this country better. If the people understand I won't be putting myself in danger, and even if I do, it's worth it for me. I had already told Gi to protect my family and so it will not be a problem. I just wanted to tell you this because I trust you and I want you to trust me and... Yeah."

Damn it, why did I have to speak so fast?

They were quiet for a moment, thinking about what to respond and when they did, I did not get the answer I thought I would.