Chapter 41

i hope u enjoy this and that u have a good day!

-------------------------

We walked past the hallway on the way to the kitchen, the same hallway I ran through with my hands full of jewelry, just a few months ago. I remember the clothes I was wearing, a long and dirty skirt with a white blouse. Now I wore clothes that were worth more than anything my family had ever owned. Not because we own that much but the thought of it is terrible. I remember how Jimin and I collided and how his umber eyes looked into mine. The same excitement and the same nervousness that I felt then, what was I feeling right now except that everything had changed. The only similarity with me stealing the precious jewels and that we were now on our way to the kitchen, was that I risked dying then and I risk dying now. If the cooks do not say what they know and if the princes do not believe it, then me and my family will lose their lives. I don't think the princes understand the danger and what I've sacrificed. They don't understand that everything is true and that I told them in confidence. I have let my family down and if anything happens to them because of what I have said to the princes, then everything is my entire fault.

"We're here." Jin stated when we stood outside the door leading to the kitchen. He looked at me before opening it and I looked back. He wanted me to say something, probably like 'wait, I was lying' or anything similar to that. Maybe that would have been the safest thing to do because I had no clue if the cooks knew about it. However, I couldn't just give it all up now. The plan I had was to say it during the speech and I wouldn't give up on that. There was just one problem with that plan; I have to tell my parents to hide before I admit everything to the whole nation, and I had no clue how I would have time to do that.

My mouth remained shut and Jin looked back at the door and opened it. The cooks continued with what they were doing but their attention was still on us.

"What can I do for you my lords?" The chef asked as he bowed. The princes were all looking at him seriously, I think I've never before seen them like this before.

"We need to ask you something and the other ones that worked here when the king was young." Jin confidently spoke and the chef looked confused. Still, he did what the men in front of him asked and he called some names while the ones that weren't called, left the kitchen. The remaining cooks gathered in front of us and they were all looking quite old. They had probably been working here since they were teenagers. There was one cook though that looked much older than the other ones, but maybe that was because all the hard work he had gone through his whole life when being under the king and queen's control.

"You will have to swear to answer honestly to our questions because we swear that we will never tell anyone about this meeting. Is that clear?" Jin spoke. I noticed how the cooks were glancing at me, noticing the scars I had in my face and on my arms.

"My lords, doesn't that depend on the questions?" The chef asked and Jin took one small step forward, but it was enough to show that he had the power.

"No, it doesn't. Since when are lies allowed? You will tell us the truth. We know that you perhaps know things that we don't. Today, Y/N told us about these two secrets about our family that are... extensive. We will have to know if they are true or not and you are the only ones we will believe to the fullest, whatever you say." Jin explained and the cooks nodded. They had serious expressions on their faces and their gaze shifted between me and the princes.

"Now, what would you say that I tell you that the king has an older brother?" Jin said and the cooks' eyes went wide open, it was like they didn't even try to hide how surprised they got.

"My lord, we can't risk to a-"

"We will assure you that you will not be exposed to anything dangerous, unless you lie." Namjoon said and I didn't know if he said that just to scare them or if he was meaning it. I hoped for the first.