Chapter 36

FELLOWS i just want to clarify that they are NOT blood-related cousins bc if so it would have been like incest or something and i don't like stuff like that

i just panicked a little when i read the comments on the last chapter and everyone was like "SHE FUCKED HER COUSINS" bc it was not my intention to make people think that so plz dont see the situation that way <3 

Have good day/night and I hope u enjoy this chapter :)

-------------------------------------

"You said you knew!" My father exclaimed after he had heard me yelling at him. I shook my head while looking down, tears already running down my cheeks.

"No, no, no... It was another secret... It wasn't this..."

"What was it?" Mother asked with a worried face expression and I looked up again, staring at my parents with swollen eyes.

"Why didn't y-you tell me? Have you kept this s-secret my whole damn life?" I stuttered. "It can't be true. You can't be the brother of the k-king."

"Y/N, calm down and let me explain, but tell us about the thing you thought I meant first." Father softly spoke because he really wanted to know now what I actually meant. However, I shook my head again while gritting my teeth.

"No, you explain first and I t-talk after. I don't understand a shit now. And talk fast because I-I have to leave soon."

"We love you, you know that. We just didn't think you were old enough and then you suddenly were selected and we didn't have the time." Mother began.

"You didn't have the time to tell me you have the same blood as those monsters up there?!" I shouted and pointed at the direction of the castle.

"Shhh, the guards will hear us." Father told me. "I'm so sorry. I realize now that I should have told you earlier, you deserved to know and you were mature enough. I'm sorry."

"You are younger than him, right?" I questioned while drying the tears with my sleeve. It barely helped though since I kept on crying.

"Actually... I'm his older brother."

It was so much to take in that even my legs began to shake, I couldn't sit still. I stood up from the chair and backed away to have some space. I leaned against the wall in front of the table so they still had eye contact with me.

"So... You are rightful king? You are the one that should be ruling this country? I don't understand father..." I kept on shaking my head still not believing it was true, or rather like I didn't want to believe that it was true. 

"Our parents, the former king and queen, loved us equally until one point. I was 14 at that time and my brother was 12. We were playing outside in the garden and I said something stupid, I can't recall clearly. All I remember is that his eyes just turned dark and the next second he was laying on the ground, bleeding from his head. I rushed towards him and the scary thing was that he smirked. He had hit himself."

What the hell.

"Our parents came rushing in and they saw how I stood above my brother that now had begun crying horribly underneath me. They pulled me away and looked at me like I was a creature they never had seen before, like I was a monster."

"They thought you hit your brother." I continued my father's story and he nodded. "They thought you were the evil one."

"Exactly. My brother was only 12 and still he would do anything to become the next king. After that happened my parents decided to hate me forever and they let me live in the shadow of my brother for four more years until I turned 18. Then they threw me out and arranged me a decent job so I wouldn't die here in the town that looked just like this when my parents ruled. They swore to kill me if I told anyone where I was and who I was."