Chapter 59

I am so fucking sorry for keeping you waiting.
I finished the story this week and there are two parts left that I will be posting very soon. 
I hope you like it and I love you all. Your sweet comments made me want to put an end to this story so here you go. As said, the last two parts will be coming soon. 
Saranghae

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh... thank you." I answered and glanced furtively at him. The white bandage that was wrapped around his head was not that white anymore. Instead, a large spot had been covered in blood and it was slowly becoming bigger. My cheeks began to burn and became almost as read as hit bandage when he stared into my eyes.

"Gi, I..." I started while looking at the water again. "I kind of have... Uhm... I think I've started to catch feelings for the princes. Like real feelings you know."

At first, he didn't say anything. He just sat there completely quiet which scared me so much that I had to look up at him to see his reaction. What I was expecting was a clenched jaw, dark eyes and clenched fists. Instead, a see the most shocked facial expression I've ever seen before.

"You have feelings for all of them?!" Gi gasped and slightly smiled.

"Yeah, I think so. Or... I don't know. I don't really know how it feels to be in love. Maybe I just like them in a different way because they're not like their parents. Or, I mean, like their adoptive parents."

"Don't you know how it feels to be in love?" He asked and kept the same shocked facial expression as before.

"What? You don't know that either."

"Yes. I know how it feels to be in love."

Oh no. It's coming now. Gi has feelings for me. Damn it. How am I supposed to respond to that? I want to continue to be his best friend, but it's not possible if he is in love with me. Everyone knows that, right? You can't be friends with someone that has feelings for you.

"How do you know that?" I asked quietly.

"I am in love right now. In fact, I am in a relationship with someone."

I looked at him with, if possible, even more shocked expression that he just had had. He didn't speak again, like he wanted me to ask what the fuck he was talking about and that made me a bit frustrated because he knew damn well that I did not know about this.

"What?" Was the only thing that left my mouth.

"Yes. His name is Merza."

I was surprised and it was not with purpose, but I couldn't help it. However, Gi didn't seem to judge my reaction, actually he smiled as he looked at me.

"For real? Are you together? What does he look like? How long have you been together? Where does he work? Is he nice? How old is he?"

"Woah, woah, the queen must slow down a bit!" He laughed and leaned backwards, taking support with his hands. He looked up at the sky that was full of smoke and sorrow.

"His name is, as I said, Merza. He has brown eyes, like really pretty brown eyes. Like chocolate you know. And he is a few centimeters taller than me. He also has brown thick hair. Wow, his hair is really pretty too, even when he hasn't even done anything about it." It was like Merza was standing right in front of Gi has he described him for me. "He worked on the other side of the town with loading boats with products, until he got transferred to our side of the town and that's when we saw each other. He is one year older but he still acts like a child sometimes." Gi giggled and I couldn't stop smiling. He looked so damn happy even his eyes were glistening. If somebody else would see us they would think we were psychopaths. Two youths wearing clothes, that were so damaged they perhaps couldn't even be called clothes anymore, covered in blood and sweat while sitting on a bridge with a burning castle behind them, laughing. (A/N: imagine what a beautiful painting this would be...)

"I am so happy for you Gi. I can't wait to meet him."

"Thanks. He is at the UCS right now." He said and smiled to me with his cute smile. I blushed when I remembered what I had been thinking earlier. That he was in love with me.

"Anyways... What I wanted to say was that you know if you are in love. You just know."

"Wow, thanks for the help." I said sarcastically.

"But it really is like that. It's like... like you would do anything for them. Like it hurts when they don't care, it hurts more than it would if someone else wouldn't care. It's like your whole body is burning when they look at you, it's burning more than if someone else would look at you the same way."

I sat quiet for some seconds.

"Well... Then I guess I really do feel something for them."

"Exactly. Even if they aren't my favorite humans, I am still happy for you too, Y/N." He said and I noticed that his bandage by now wasn't white at all anymore.

"Don't tell them though, alright? I want to tell them myself and I don't want to do it yet. Besides, we need to go and find mother, father, Merza and the princes, and also fix your bloody bandage."

"Hahah, alright." He said and reached out his hand. I grabbed it and we started to walk towards the burning castle. I told him that we had to go and pick up Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook at the nurse. As we walked, I shivered despite the hot temperature. Everything was so quiet. Earlier I had heard people cheering and shouting happily, but now you couldn't even hear the wind. Either they had died in the fire or by the thick smoke that just kept spreading, or they had made it to the UCS. I was hoping for the later scenario.

"There it is." I said while coughing and pointing at a barrack made out of wood. I started walking towards it but Gi grabbed my arm and pulled me back again.

"Are you blind? It's full of smoke, we can't go in there!" He gasped.

"But they are inside! We can't just leave them there. It's not that much smoke!" I said while trying to go towards it again, only to get pulled back for the second time.

"Y/N, take it easy. Can't you see it will catch fire any second? Don't you get it? Probably they have already made it out of there. If you all managed to get out of that castle, I think they had no problem getting out of that barrack either." His voice was sharp and he didn't lose eye contact.

"What if..."

"Don't start. You know they survived that. Let's just walk around it instead so we'll reach the forest and get to the UCS. If I knew that they were laying half-dead in there, I would have walked in, but I know they don't. Okay?"

I swallowed hard and looked at him. All I wanted to do was to tell him that it was impossible for him to know that and I wanted run in there to just check. But if they really were laying in there, they were already dead and I didn't want to see that. I would rather keep the hope that they were still alive. Therefore, I finally reluctantly said, "Okay."

We backed away and instead went between two other barracks to get to the other side of the nurse's home. I glanced at it one last time and I couldn't help to think about that some of the people I loved the most had been in there not long ago. I prayed to God, that I didn't even believe in, that they would be alive. Please let Gi be right.

"You know the way, right?" I asked and Gi nodded. We walked rapidly, almost ran, and even though the forest was pretty far away from the castle, it would not take long until the fire had reached the first trees.

The further away we came the fresher air filled my lungs. To feel the clean air and to breath it was the same feeling as eating when you are starving, or drinking when the mouth is as dry as a desert. The dress I wore was by now so damaged that it only reached to my knees, which in fact was quite practical since I then couldn't stumble on it. There was one problem though. As we got closer and closer to safety, the more pain I began to feel. It was like it hadn't existed before, like I had been denying it so hard because I had focused on so many other things. Now it came fast as a bullet. I slowed down and looked at my arms that were covered in bruises and scratches. My thighs looked the same. I yelled out loud when I noticed my right calf and I immediately stopped.

"What is it?" Gi gasped as he ran towards me. His eyes followed mine and reached my calf. "Omg. When did this happen? Shit."

"I..."

My calf was extremely swollen and red. In the middle of my calf, as big as an orange, was a deep wound. It was not a lot of flesh left, it seemed like the bone almost was visible. It didn't bleed much at all but the sight made me feel sick as hell. It was like someone had ripped my skin open like I was a stuffed animal.

"How did you not feel this earlier?" Gi went back and forth several times, confused and afriad.

"I don't know. I don't know when. It's just... Damn... It fucking hurts Gi." I groaned as I fought the tears that were threatening to leave my eyes. Gi finally positioned himself in front of me with his back facing my face.

"Jump. I'll help you."

I did as he told me and wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed my legs steadily and began to jog. I got dizzy and it all of a sudden looked like the trees were upside down. I rested my head against my arm as I could hear Gi shout and scream things to me. But I couldn't hear a thing. I just breathed heavily until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.