Chapter 1

"Shit!" I cursed quietly as I dropped the hundreds of jewelry I carried in my arms. I threw myself on the floor and began picking up the expensive rings and necklaces as sweat ran down my forehead. The colorful stones and chains dazzled me when the morning sun shone right on them through the large window on my left.

All the time, I looked around like a worried animal; being scared to death that someone would find me. As soon as I had the jewelry in my arms again I began to run as quietly as I could. It wasn't my purpose to be here for as long as I've been. The plan was to be home before the sun was up, but that failed right away.

The castle I was in was enormous, built up by the money taken from this country's people, including my family and me. It was placed on the highest hills of them all, facing the capital so every human living in the town everyday would be reminded who those in power were. The costs of the golden and white wallpapers I passed by while running could have fed at least five families. Instead, the royals decided to glue it up on their walls. The costs of those lamps that stood along the walls could have gone to clothes to 10 children. ARGH! My blood is boiling just by thinking of it.

"Come on. Relax." I told myself when I had reached the stairs in one of the towers of the castle. "Just these steps left, then you're out."

I began to walk down them as I tried to not wake up the whole royal family. There were still some maids and guards awake, but I had my eyes wide open and as the professional thief I am, it was no problem to find a temporary hiding spot when someone passed by. It wasn't like this was the first time I was stealing because otherwise I wouldn't have been alive by now. The difference was that the most expensive thing I've stolen was a dirty ring from the old lady down the street, not necklaces and rings from the royals' themselves.

The thing I feared the most wasn't to get caught because I knew I could run away easily. However I was afraid I wouldn't be able to bring the jewelry home. This was my mom, my dad and my neighbour's last chance to survive in this world. I had promised them all to bring home something we could trade with food. Now I'm here in the royals' castle only a few feet away from the door that will take me away from here, holding diamonds and chains in my arms worth more money than I can ever count. It can't be happening.

When I was at the last step of the staircase I almost slipped on the dirty and long skirt I was wearing. A gasp left my mouth, but I luckily didn't fall. My eyes feel on my clothes, which made me realize how gross and ugly I looked. The white blouse I was wearing wasn't white anymore, the skirt had several holes and my shoes were damaged almost everywhere. I can't blame my family though; it is the royals' fault the whole country looks like this. Or well, in a month at least one of us girls will look like a queen because she will be a queen.

My focus changed and landed on my escape way, a door. As a mouse on its back feet I tiptoed over the golden floor and opened the door. It led into hallway that I was way too familiar with. I had been trying to get in this castle before but I've never gotten longer than to this hallway. Now it was only one door left before I-

Shit.

Even though I landed on my butt, not a single jewelry left my hands because my grip was stronger than ever. As I gulped my eyes wandered up towards the thing I had bumped into that suddenly appeared from a door beside me that I hadn't noticed.

But the thing wasn't a thing. It was a he.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He excused himself and reached out his hand for me. We stared into each other's eyes and I didn't need to think about who he was, I knew exactly. The whole country knew. I've seen those umber eyes over a thousand times in the newspaper. When I didn't grab his hand, his eyes moved down and landed on the shining things in my embrace.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked and clenched his jaw. I felt the hate inside me growing. My lips formed an evil smile as I kicked him on his knee making him fall down on the floor. Quickly I stood up and began to run. He tried to grab my ankle, but I was faster. I approached the final door and opened it with shaky hands. The guards outside weren't ready since I came from inside and even though he shouted for me to come back, I kept on running with the expensive diamonds and rings in my arms.

He had no clue who I was, but I knew exactly who he was.

He was one of the seven princes. He was one of the seven future kings. He was Jimin.