Chapter 53

"Why would they kill her?" The tall man questioned with a voice filled with hesitation.

"Because they hated her as much as you did and as much as I did." Mi-sun answered and I turned around to look at the princes'. My eyes landed on Namjoon and as we had eye contact, he slowly stretched one hand out in front of me. It was closed, but he was holding something in it. My fingers opened his hand and after what I saw in his hand I understood. I understood it all. How could I be so stupid?

"Scikum. How could that kill the queen?" One of the citizens said while dropping his spear to take a closer look in Namjoon's hand. In there was those white and green flowers that I saw in the tunnel leading to the city, those the queen apparently was very allergic to. Now I also knew their name, Scikum. 

"She is extremely allergic. So allergic that when it touches her, she gets swollen and red and if she does not get the cure, she dies." Jin explained.

"How did you make her touch that then? She would never do that voluntarily." A woman said and raised her eyebrows.

"We gave the flowers to the UCS who sew them onto the inside of her dress right before she put it on. Therefore here whole body was covered in it and she could do nothing about it but to feel pain." Namjoon spoke and I looked at him with shook and confusion in my eyes.

"The UCS?" I asked again.

"Y/N... Please forgive me for not telling you..." The soft voice spoke again and I turned around to see the black-haired and small girl in front of me.

"What do you mean?"

"I know I should have told you earlier, but I did not want to make you scared and I did not want to put any pressure on you." Mi-sun spoke as I stared at her confused. "I am a part of the UCS, the United Confidential Squad. We are a group that are working against the royalties and citizens as well as many maids and chefs in the castle are members, one of them were Philo. He told me what you and told him and what he had told you. Therefore, we could spread the information to the citizens so they would trust the information when it came out. We did not know however, that it would be tonight during your speech that everyone would find out. Because of that, I was hesitating whether the people wanted to overthrow you or the king and queen since I was not sure that the UCS had reached out to all people yet. But luckily, it seems like they have." Mi-sun explained, but she was not done there. She wanted to make sure I have heard the whole story before I got to talk again, so she continued.

"Philo was very determined that we would not let anyone find out that it was you who had figured it all out, he wanted to keep you safe and he wanted to save you. He wanted me to tell you that if he did not survive after everyone had found out the secrets, that there was a reason to why he spilled information to the UCS. He told us what you knew and what you had figured out about the royal family because he wanted to save you. He knew that the people would doubt in your words but if we, the UCS, told them first they would trust you and they would help you overthrow the king and queen."

"The UCS was our only hope. The people of this town have put all of their trust in the UCS and I am very grateful for them." One citizen that not earlier have spoken said. He had a lighter voice, but it didn't match his overworked, slim and tired body. His voice was younger than his body since he had been working all his life.

"Why have I never known about the UCS?" I asked, thinking about my parents. Was that a secret they kept from me as well?

"Only the citizens we trusted to hundred precent knew about us, and we asked them to then tell their families about the secrets, but without telling them from where they had gotten the information. I guess your parents weren't aware of that the UCS existed. Many did not know, but I think they will after today."