Chapter 2

HELLO! I already changed cover lmao but it's now made by @yoloyoloy0 and i love it i hope u do too. I ALSO HOPE THAT U ENJOY THIS CHAPTER FELLOWS

-----------------------------

"Shhh! Don't tell anyone else in the neighbourhood about this! They will come and steal it!" I whispered as I placed the jewelry on the small wooden table in our barrack. The sky had become dark when I arrived home and the only light source we had in our small place was a large candle, standing in the middle of the table.

"Okay, okay! Shh!" My dad whispered as he tried to calm down everyone who had never seen anything as expensive before. My family and my neighbours that I had promised to bring the jewelry to were surrounding the table and staring at the necklaces and rings with eyes big as plates. Even though they were both kids and adults and around 13 people, this treasure would provide us food and clothes for at least two years.

"Thank you so much Y/N!" One of the kids said and hugged my waist. I patted him on the head and hugged him back.

"You're amazing." My father gasped. "But don't you ever try to do it again."

I chuckled as an answer and watched as they began splitting it up equally. My father was basically the only reason that we even had a barrack. One day, years ago, a stranger just asked him to work for him for a decent income and so he said yes. We were grateful as hell, but it was still a mystery why it was only my father that was offered a work. 

"Did anyone see you?"

The question made me gulp, but I just put on a fake smile and looked at my worried mother who was the one asking. I shook my head feeling a slight bit of guilt building up inside of me. What if Jimin had told anyone? He can probably easy find out who I am with all the high-tech technology they have. Did I just put my family in great danger?

"I need to take some air." I smiled and let go of the kid's hug.

"You know you're not allowed to be out this late. What if a guard catches you?" My dad said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Really? You don't think I can handle a guard after this?" I scoffed and pointed at the table. He swallowed and then nodded his head, realizing I was right.

My mom's eyes followed me on my way out, but I tried to ignore it until I could close the door. I walked down the dark street feeling the fresh air in my lungs as I played with one of the rings I had stolen, throwing it up and down in the air.

I ended up by the circle-formed lake. It was the only beautiful thing left in this dirty town full of barracks and poor people. I took off my damaged shoes and sat down on the bridge. I put my feet in the water that was cold as ice, but I didn't even flinch.

"Hey... Y/N?"

The sweet voice behind me made me turn around. Since it was dark it took some time before I could distinguish who it was. The tall and slim person was standing a few meters away from me and in the same moment as we got eye contact he rushed towards me and gave me a warm hug.

"Where have you been?" He smiled and sat down close beside me. It was Gi. The person I had known since I was born. We are just friends but it feels like our bond is even stronger than between siblings.

"I was about to ask the same thing." I answered and he leaned his head on my shoulder. "I haven't seen you for weeks."

"My sister, me and my mom had been trying to find a dress for her for the Great Election." He said.

"Ugh, I haven't even thought about that." I groaned.

"Well you should. The cheaper dresses are getting picked out and it's only a month left."