Chapter 55

Even though we ran it seemed in my eyes like the hole in the stone wall only got further and further away. We had lost the formation we had earlier and now everyone just ran completely wild, but all in the same direction. I was running last and I knew I shouldn't have turned around, but I just couldn't help myself, I just had to see what was behind us. It didn't feel real. As I glanced behind my back, I saw the enormous rats catching up on us. The walls, even the ceiling, were covered with them. Like a virus, they approached us with sharp teeth and dark eyes. I probably was not even able to count how many diseases those animals were carrying because there were so many of them.

"They are coming! They will reach us soon!" A guy screamed as he dropped his torch onto the ground, right over my feet. I screamed in pain and stumbled so that the woman in front of me also dropped the torch she was holding in her hands. Now it we did not have many torches left so it was even darker, and I could barely see anything in front of me.

"Here! The hole!" I recognized Taehyung's voice despite the chaos and I heard him, along with his brothers, start hitting the closet that was covering the hole. They beat and beat with their bare fists and tried to push the wardrobe away as I turned around to only see how the rats got closer. It almost looked like they were grinning at me. Like they knew we were stuck and like they knew they had won.

"Come on!"

The split second before the rats could touch me, I got pulled backwards and into the room before they quickly pulled back the wardrobe to prevent the rats from entering. I had prepared myself for getting killed by those disgusting animals, but luckily, that didn't happen. Since I was last, I understood before even looking around, that everyone else also succeeded getting through the hole before the rats could catch them. I tried to breathe slowly and the air in this room was not that fresh, but it was at least better than the air in the tunnel.

I looked up and saw the fifteen citizens sitting on the floor and breathing deeply, relieved to have survived. My eyes then fell on the five princes, but they did not have the same relief in their facial expressions. Instead they were standing up with clenched fists and gritting teeth. The citizens soon saw their expression and followed their eyes to see what they were glaring at. Right after they saw it, they also stood up and looked just as furious as the five princes.

Lastly, I followed their eyes and saw what they saw. The room we had ended up in lived up to its name, the room of ivory. Every piece of furniture, wallpaper, handles, even the floor and ceiling, were covered with the color of ivory. I usually think it is a beautiful color, but it was way too much of it in this room. There were four small tables with associated chairs spread out in the large square-shaped room. There were some paintings hanging on the walls that probably was an attempt to fill up the windowless walls, but it still looked very bare and cold. Didn't the princes' say that this used to be their playroom? It must have been the most boring playroom ever.

The floor in front of us, on our side of the room, was ivory-colored, but further into the room, in front of us, it was red. It was covered in blood that had come from the two princes that were standing on shaky legs with two guards each holding their arms tightly. Jungkook's and Hoseok's heads hung forward, they might not even have even seen us enter the room. They could not even look up because they were so injured and hurt. Next to them stood eight guards and next to them stood the king in his expensive clothes that were not as damaged as everyone else's clothes.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" The king scoffed. He tried to pretend that he was not stressed or surprised that we showed up, but I saw through him. I saw how he clenched his fists and how he began to breathe faster.

"What the hell are you doing?" Namjoon growled as he stared at the man he thought was his father for his whole life.

"Well, what are you doing here? We were just about to finish this." He smirked and now I saw the similarities between him and the queen. The fact that him and I was related made me feel embarrassed. How could that monster and I have the same blood running through our bodies? Ew.

"Let them go." Jin said, squinting his eyes in anger.

"Let them go? You think I will let them go after what had happened tonight!?" The king suddenly raised his voice and his face became red of anger. Even some veins were popping out from his forehead and neck. "YOU HAVE DESTROYED EVERYTHING!"

"You know that your wife is dead, right?" The woman with black short hair grinned while a string of blood was running down her face from a deep wound she had in her cheek. The king looked at her unbothered, rolling his eyes, and Hoseok and Jungkook didn't even react. They didn't have the energy to move a single muscle.

"So what? Everyone is going to die, and tonight it is your turn. Y/N, you know you have destroyed everything right? You know you have put the princes in danger? The maids in danger? Every single citizen? They are right now trying to flee out of town because my guards are hunting them. We all lost the first round. But now I am getting back and you will pay for what you have done." The king growled and he didn't eve blink once while he spoke.

"That is not true." I said. "The citizens are not scared of you anymore. No one are."

"You are such a liar. What a pity that my sons noticed it too late. I should have raised them better."

"We are not your sons, asshole." Jin scoffed.

"Don't you dare call me that or I will cut your brothers' throats. Would you want that, huh? Would you want to watch them die? Because that is what you deserve for falling for a girl like her."

The king motioned to two guards who then grabbed one prince each and pressed them against their bodies. The princes groaned of pain but became quiet when they felt a sharp blade pressing against their throats.

"Y/N, I know you want it. You like death. Otherwise you would not have done what you did tonight." The king irritated me on purpose because he knew it was made easily. I understood his plan, but I could not just stand there completely quiet. It was not who I was.

"You know why I did it and you understand why. You are just too scared of life. Scared of experiencing the life every single citizen in this country has been forced to, because of you!" I raised my voice making the guards press the knifes deeper into the princes' throats. Shit. What are we going to do? Those guards could kill the princes within a second so we wouldn't have the time to attack them. We should have planned this more. We would need a diversion plan.

"You are the fakest person in this whole fucking world." Jimin spoke to the king who just chuckled.

"Look what the girl has done to you. You are even cursing, ugh." The king rolled his eyes.

While the princes and the king were arguing I took the chance to look around to find any ideas of what we could do to solve this shit. I could not stand looking at the poor princes anymore. On the other side of the room, in the corner to the left, stood Mi-sun. We got eye contact and I slowly began to move to her as I figured out a plan that was probably a horrible idea, but it was the only one we had.

It took quite a long time to get to her since I moved slowly so the guards wouldn't put any attention on me. Luckily, they were too busy to listen to the princes and the king arguing. On my way I noticed that Hoseok glanced at me with tired eyes and some of the fear left my body as he did so. When I had reached the other side, I positioned myself behind Mi-sun, pretending I was doing nothing more but to stand behind her. 

"Hey... I got a plan." I whispered into her ear, trying to move my mouth as little as possible.

Mi-sun nodded so that she wouldn't seem suspicious. I told her the plan as fast as I could and I noticed that she doubted it would work, but just like I had thought, she thought the same. There was no other idea and we had to act now if we didn't want the princes to die.

Slowly I started to walk back again to the other corner of the room to begin the plan. I looked over at Mi-sun when I was ready and she nodded. 

Then it started, what could be our survival or death. 

-------------------------------------

i love u all, i read all of ur comments and u are so fucking sweet like i cannot understand that u all are real <3 

there is just one thing i want to say.... I WANT A FUCKING BOYFRIEND I AM SO SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED THAT I CAN DIE LIKE WTF CAN SOME TALL GUY JUST FUCK ME