Chapter 22

The rest of that night, I didn't sleep very well. I had left the guards clothes in the wardrobe and therefore I couldn't stop thinking of what I should do with it. Should I let it hang there? No, Mi-sun could get in danger. Should I replace it in the room where I got it? No, someone could see me and ask me what the hell I was doing. Should I burn it up? Yes, but how?

Luckily Yoongi didn't seem to have notice anything, he was just as irritated like every morning when he had woken up. Mi-sun seemed normal too and talked with me like every day. While getting ready with her in the walk-in-closet, my eyes couldn't help but to glance at the dresses in front of the guards' uniform. Hopefully Mi-sun didn't notice that.

"Let's go." Yoongi said after Mi-sun was ready with me. She had put a thin white blouse and a short yellow skirt on me and when Yoongi saw me, he swallowed hard. He walked with me to the breakfast and we sat down with the others and the only places left were the ones beside the queen and king. I swallowed hard while watching Yoongi sit down in front of me, beside the king. Involuntary I sat down beside the queen and looked down. My eyes shone as they stared at the white bread on my plate. I was just about to put it in my mouth when I felt something warm near my ear.

It was the breath of the queen.

"Should you really eat that?" She asked with a silent voice, but since she was so close to my ear, it was really loud to me. "The dresses need to fit and bread isn't the best thing to eat if you want to become beautiful. Eat vegetables if you're even going to eat something."

"What?" I said in shock. She had a small smirk on her lips while waiting for me to continue, but I was too surprised and taken-aback to respond.

"Stop being greedy." She said and grabbed the bread on my plate. I watched as she threw it away and then leaned back in her throne satisfied. It made the princes and the king look at us in confusion.

"Are you fucking serious?" I scoffed and felt the men's eyes on me.

"Look here." The queen said to her family and pointed at me. "That's how she responds. I thought you'd teach her how to behave, but when she hears something she doesn't like, that's how she responds, which is clearly not okay."

"What did you ask her?" The king said and narrowed his eyes a bit while looking at me.

"I told her that she needs to eat healthy now when she's a princess and so the clothes fits." The queen shrugged. "And her answer to that is not 'you're right, Your Grace'. It's curse words."

Actually, I was surprised that she didn't lie about what she said to me. I looked over at her sons who didn't seem to be as convinced as the king.

"Mother, Y/N eats well. She actually should be eating more, Mi-sun has told us that a lot of the clothes even are too big." Jin calmly spoke and my eyes moved to the queen again.

"And now you are beginning to not listen to me as well? Can't you see, love?" The queen started to sob as she looked at her husband. Wow, she was a great actress, even I could have fallen for those puppy eyes she created.

"You don't need to worry. Only a few weeks have passed." The king responded comfortably to his wife. They talked like I wasn't in the room and every single one of my facial muscles was tensed. The princes suddenly got up from their chairs, not wanting to let the fight continue. Hoseok, who sat beside me, grabbed my arm to pull me with them.

"Even the princes are treating me better than you." I hissed while they walked away with me. The queen squinted her eyes and they flashed with anger, much like lightning on a pitch-black night.

"Come." Namjoon said with a determined voice. I was walking behind the princes, not wanting them to notice my shaking hands. I couldn't deal with her anymore. I couldn't deal with this life anymore.