Chapter 6

in the future i perhaps won't be able to post more than twice a week so u know, but since i don't have anything else to do nowadays - here u go.

enjoy 🍷

---------------------------------------

"Yah, wake up!" I heard someone say and at the same time someone shook my body. Slowly I opened my eyes to be met by a girl.

"They start in 15 minutes!"

"Wha...What are you talking about?" I asked and rubbed my eyes with my knuckles as I suddenly remembered where I was. The girl in front of me was extremely beautiful so I guessed she was one of the 10 girls. The yellow dress she was wearing perfectly fitted her body and it looked wonderful against her chocolate brown skin. She was two or three years older than me, but still looked young. I recognized her, but I just couldn't remember from where...

"The final competition! It starts 11 o'clock so you have to get ready!" The girl said as she glanced at her yellow wristwatch that matched with her dress. I looked around to see that all beds were empty, except mine. It made me frown but it didn't take me long to understand why and it didn't surprise me. Those damn bitches. They had left without waking me up on purpose.

"Thank you for waking me up." I said and got up as I saw a dress and ballerina shoes laying beside my bed. The girl grabbed it and put it in my hands and then began brushing my hair.

"Hurry!" She said and so I did. I quickly undressed and then threw on the dress that was in the same color as the one I had during the first day of the Great Election - dark pink.

"You can leave. You shouldn't be late just because of me." I said feeling guilty.

"No, no it's fine." She answered and turned me around to see that everything was alright. "The other girls just left like the umm... idiots they are."

"Like the bitches they are." I said knowing that she wanted to use that word too. She chuckled but her smile suddenly disappeared.

"What have you done on your cheek? We must cover th..." She stopped herself and again looked down at the fine clock she was wearing. "Oh no! We don't have time for that. Lets go!"

She gently grabbed my arm and pulled me with her out of the room. The moment we got out I quickly glanced at my reflection in the mirror to see that I had some small and some big red cuts on my left cheek from yesterday, from the queen's hand.

"What's your name?" I asked as she pulled me through the huge castle, knowing exactly where we were supposed to go.

"Kim Choi, but you can just call me Choi." She answered while breathing heavily from walking so fast.

Now I remember! She was the first girl to meet the princes two days ago.

"Yours?"

"Y/N."

I didn't try to memorize the way because even if I did, I would forget it the next minute. It felt like we had walked through a maze until we finally arrived to the hall we apparently were supposed to be in.

"In here." Choi said as she pointed with her finger. Before we walked in she grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes as she spoke.

"Do you want to be chosen, Y/N?"

"No, I don't. Not at all."

"Good, because the other girls do. They probably think you want to be chosen as well so they will do anything in their power to not make that happen. You understand?"

"I'll be careful I promise. And thank you for helping me." I answered and smiled brightly.

"No problem."