Chapter 8

He almost looked most powerful of them all, Namjoon. Perhaps it was because of the black shirt he was wearing. It was unbuttoned one button too much in my opinion, although that was probably the purpose, to make the girls fall for him even more.

"I know you're tired now, but we won't speak for too long." Namjoon spoke as I sat down and I felt immediately more relaxed hearing him say that.

"Do you have any ideas about how to behave and act like a princess and queen?"

"Not really." I scoffed as an answer. If he thought that I actually did, he was completely out of his mind. 

He then said something, but I didn't hear it, or rather, I didn't listen. My eyes was glued to the view and the sun that now had lowered itself. It was right shining on Namjoon's back so if I would move a little bit to the left or right, the strong beams would dazzle me.

"Hey? I'm talking to you." Namjoon raised his voice and it caused me to snap back from my daydreaming.

"Oh, what did you say?"

"You don't like us, do you?" He sighed.

"I wouldn't say you're my favorite persons in this world." I responded with a sarcastic voice.

"I see. The other girls do though. I think it would be safer for you to-"

"Well, I won't change my opinion so you can already stop trying to convince me."

His light-colored hair and quite small eyes made him look like a sweet person, yet he was the child to the king and queen and he was a reason to why I barely have enough food for the day.

"Do you know any of the other girls?" Namjoon questioned, ignoring my last comment. "I saw you and Kim Choi were talking."

"She's a sweet person. I don't know the others."

"So you think we should choose her?"

"If Choi wants to be chosen, I think you should pick her." I answered even though all I wanted to say was that this whole thing was fucked up, but I already knew what he would answer.

"I have one more question for you before I'll let you go." Namjoon said and it made me feel uneasy for some reason.

"Okay?"

"How would you react if you got chosen?"

"If that, for some reason, would happen..." I said the moment before we heard a knock. "You'll see how I react. I can't even imagine myself."

I stood up from the uncomfortable chair and made my way towards the door. Finally I had arrived to the sixth prince and... wait. It wasn't only one prince, it was two. Jimin and Jungkook

"You are supposed to meet one of us each, but I wanted to be here when you admit to Jungkook why I wanted you to be one of the 10 girls."

Fuck my life.

I sat down and gritted my teeth as I looked at Jimin.

"Have you told anyone else?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"No, I have not. However, I owe Jungkook something because of a bet we had a few days ago, so therefore you'll tell him."

"Why didn't you just pick me the first day?" I questioned feeling my anger rising. This was not what he told me yesterday. 

"Because I knew that if I picked you, the risk of you not getting chosen would be bigger since you'd had to go through a lot of other tests before you can end up here."

"Wow, how nice of you." I smiled sarcastically.

They both looked at me with their head tilting slightly backwards, which exposed their necks which were, somehow, handsome necks. It made me feel small and the thought of having to tell Jungkook too was horrible. The risk of someone else finding out what I've done and the risk of my parents getting killed becomes way bigger with another person knowing.