Chapter 17

The next morning when I was in the walk in closet, as usual, Mi-sun did her best to convince me to wear high heels, but she didn't succeed. Never had I wore high heels and never would I. I chuckled as she sighed frustrated.

"Okay, but can you wear this then?" She asked and handed me something very small and shiny. It was a thin golden ring that had a small black stone in the middle.

"What is it?"

"It's my grandmother's ring. I will be gone for today and tomorrow and I don't dare to leave it here so I want you to keep it safe until I come back." She answered. I gulped and gave it back to her, not wanting to have that responsibly.

"No, I can't. I'll lose it."

"No, you won't. Just have it on your finger." She said and gave it back to me. "Please Y/N, do it for me. It's just two days."

"Okay then." I sighed and carefully put it on my finger. I knew I would lose it, but I also wanted Mi-sun to know that she could trust me. Damn it.

The breakfast was just as horrible as the other meals and the royal family kept on talking about an important speech that would be held in a few weeks or months, I didn't remember because I didn't listen. When we had eaten, I rushed towards one of the library's that I recalled the king and queen had shown me when they had their little tour. I wanted to be alone, so I almost ran towards it even though it was hard to even walk in the long dress I was wearing.

The only library I had been to was the one two miles outside the town. I remembered it quite well since it was the first time I had ever been in a library. I remember how dust was collected everywhere as far as I could see, spider webs wove loosely around books and dirty shelves. Broken lamps hung from the cracked ceiling and the wooden floor was littered with dirt, glass, books, and torn paper. The library I was standing in now was almost the complete opposite. It consisted of three floors and I couldn't even spot a single place with dust. The only similarity between the two libraries was that the shelves were made out of wood, but these ones weren't ramshackle and they were full off books from every genre, country, author, language and in all kinds of styles.

With eyes big as balls I climbed the stairs to the second floor and sat down on a chair in front of a table and another chair. Beside it there was a large window that was turned towards the city. The streets were full of people walking in all possible directions and I could spot my neighbourhood and the circle-formed lake. The houses and barracks that the town consisted of didn't look very welcoming with the broken windows and thin wood they were made of. Just by looking out of a window in the castle I could tell how the inhabitants had it horrible. Had the princes never done that? Looked out of a damn window? Because as far as I know, they are naiver than the king and queen themselves.

"Hello, Y/N."

My gaze moved to the male who spoke, Namjoon. He had his hands in the pockets of the beige coat he was wearing and he was looking down on me with curious eyes. Since he was tall I felt extra small sitting down beside him.

"You won't let me be alone for even 10 minutes." I sighed frustrated as he sat down in front of me on the free chair.

"I followed you here and you should be grateful. Some guards wanted to come after you since they thought you'd try to escape, but I told them I'd follow you instead."

"Wow, thank you." I sarcastically said even though I was kind of grateful that he was here instead of some guards.

"Nice ring." He spoke. I confused looked down on my hand only to be remembered that I was wearing Mi-sun's grandmother's ring. I had already forgotten that I wore it.