Chapter 38

don't forget to vote and follow me! ^^

-----------------------------

When I first opened my eyes, I freaked out. The space beside me was empty and I couldn't see Hoseok. When I tried to sit up, I felt and remembered that my body was not working like it usually does. Immediately I had to lay down again because of the horrible pain.  Taehyung flinched beside me and noticed my concerned face as he opened his eyes.

"Oh, you're here. Thank God." I sighed of relief when I aw his face. 

"Of course." He said with a peaceful voice to make me feel safe.

"Where's Hoseok?" I questioned when I didn't see anyone laying beside me on the other side of my body.

"He got up some time ago, it's already 02.00 pm."

My stomach suddenly growled. It was a long time ago since I last ate and just thinking about food made me drool. Taehyung chuckled and helped me up from the bed. Even though I didn't want them to feel much pity for me I still couldn't help but let out some small groans while he helped me get off the bed. The pain was just too terrible.

"We're going to eat. Are you coming along?" He asked his brothers who were laying down on the floor, sleeping deeply. Only Jin reacted and followed along shortly after. We headed slowly towards the kitchen since I couldn't walk very fast. Tasty soup, juicy meat, potatoes, eggs, strawberries, fresh bread, cakes, cookies... all those yummy things I have gotten the chance to eat during my time here in the castle... fuck it's so good. My stomach let out another growl when we had arrived outside the kitchen and the nice scents were going up in my nose.

"Hello! Could you prepare something for us?" Taehyung politely asked the chefs that were rushing around in the kitchen like wild chickens. It remained quiet and Taehyung just thought no one heard so he repeated himself.

"Excuse me, could you prepare something for us?"

No one answered and we all frowned confused. No one even looked at us, they just pretended being busy.

"Excuse us?!" Jin raised his voice so loud that every single cook stopped their actions. Everyone continued looking somewhere else but on us except from the chef.

"Why aren't you answering?" Jin raised voice, glaring at the chef.

"I apologize my lord, we are not allowed to give you anything since you didn't come to the breakfast nor the lunch. It's on the queen and king's command." The chef spoke and I felt pity for him because I completely understood why he didn't dare to give us anything if the king and queen didn't say they could. That, however, didn't affect Jin and Taehyung. Taehyung took one step closer to the chef and it wasn't until now the other cooks laid their eyes on us.

"We are the next king and she is the next queen. I think if there's someone's command you should follow, it's ours."

Taehyung spoke with that dark voice that only he could create and it made even me get a little taken-aback. The chef sighed, not knowing what to do.

"You know I like you." He said to the princes and then leaned closer to them, whispering so quiet I almost couldn't hear what he said. "So, I'll give some to you, but if someone asks, you took some without me seeing it."

"Deal." Taehyung smiled.

"Everyone have to leave! I need to speak to these three privately!" The chef yelled and his colleagues left within a few seconds only. The chef walked back and forth in the kitchen, preparing three plates to us filled with a creamy pasta and something green on top.

"Thank you so much." I said to him as he handed us the plates, licking my lips. He looked at me with eyes filled of pity. I could tell he felt sorry for me after what happened yesterday, especially after he noticed my bruised body. He was probably there yesterday and saw everything happening.